Latest development - Non - invasive glucometer

mikeg1964

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hopefully, if this idea goes commercial, finger pricking could be a thing of the past

http://glucovista.com/

This is intresting....I think there are a few other companies with non invasive monitoring device coming to the market soon, we need competition abbott freestyle libre better watch out !

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hopefully, if this idea goes commercial, finger pricking could be a thing of the past

http://glucovista.com/
Just before Christmas this year, a research team at Leeds University announced that they had successfully trialled a prototype device using IR technology, and were now seeking funds to move it forward. They have also approached Leeds Alumini for funding. It would seem that IR technology does indeed hold promise for CGM devices. I have submitted an application to participate in their beta trials.
Here is a link to Leeds uni announcement:
https://www.leeds.ac.uk/news/articl...aily_finger_pricking_for_people_with_diabetes

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 people

Ellis79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just before Christmas this year, a research team at Leeds University announced that they had successfully trialled a prototype device using IR technology, and were now seeking funds to move it forward. They have also approached Leeds Alumini for funding. It would seem that IR technology does indeed hold promise for CGM devices. I have submitted an application to participate in their beta trials.
Here is a link to Leeds uni announcement:
https://www.leeds.ac.uk/news/articl...aily_finger_pricking_for_people_with_diabetes
Yes, this too looks promising. I suspect there are more devices under development as well.

Reactions: 4 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It does look great but I wonder if we will be able to get them over here if everything goes well as we cant the freestyle libre here, boo hoo

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
They have also approached Leeds Alumni for funding.

I hope they don't rely on their Alumni, my wife routinely bins her begging letters from Leeds Uni, she receives far too many and it's impossible to "unsubscribe".

Reactions: 2 people

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope they don't rely on their Alumni, my wife routinely bins her begging letters from Leeds Uni, she receives far too many and it's impossible to "unsubscribe".
But they write very nice Thank You letters if you do help out,

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
The device mentioned looks wonderful, a bit more detail would be nice. It said competitively priced but I couldn't find that anywhere. Would I be right in thinking that the closest rival is the Freestyle Libra? The Dexicom is way too expensive.
Also there was a device called a Glucowatch which was available about 8 or so years ago, from what I have read discontinued because of poor sales (possibly because of being too inaccurate).
Hopefully this new technology will be much more accurate and really is competitively priced and not just cheaper than the Dexicom.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Sounds terrific. Accuracy, consistency, outstanding value for money required as your KPIs especially if you want to get it mass marketed through the NHS - cost compare to current units, Lacey's and strips to make your case. I retired 5 years ago, but previously worked I. The VC space in technology,miso have some understanding of infrastructure projects of this nature. Avoiding commoditisation will be key to optimising your return on capital employed/investment. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app