Latest Test Results

Charles Robin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just got back from my latest diabetic clinic, which was interesting for sure. Last time, in June, my weight had gone up from 11.5 Stone to 12.5 Stone, my LDL cholesterol from 1.5 to 2.5 and my HBA1C had stayed at 39, just without the millions of hypos. I came away planning to work on the weight and cholesterol. I was not exercising much, and decided to change that rather than food intake. I have been doing press ups and cycling, but not nearly as much as I was before due to work constraints.

So, my latest results. My weight had dropped from 12.5 stone to 12.2 stone (not much in 4 months but better than nothing. 11.5 is my target). My HBA1C had fallen to 34, again with few hypos. However, my LDL cholesterol had risen to 3.4. I was a bit disappointed with this, but I thrive from a challenge. Blood sugars are well and truly tamed, so now I have a new level to work on :p. I eat a LOT of cheese, and I think this is the main culprit. Probably the biggest source comes from the cheesecake I make for dessert in the evening (double cream, cream cheese, stevia, almond flour, butter and ground flax). My theory is that the base is fine, mostly comprised of flax and almond. However, in its present state it would not serve to be very tasty. Does anyone have any smart ideas to make it a standalone dessert? Here are the ingredients currently:
120g Ground almonds
30g Ground flax seeds
2 Tsp stevia
80g melted butter

I was thinking of maybe adding some 100% cocoa powder to the mix, but any ideas gratefully received. Many thanks, and here's to my next challenge :)

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Any weight eduction has to be seen in a positive light, just a shame about your cholesterol but you seem determined to work on that, surprised that it has gone up as exercise is supposedly good for lowering cholesterol levels, anyway well done!!!!!

Charles Robin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Haha thanks. I think I had lulled myself into a false sense of security because I had seen a small amount of muscle tone from the press ups (I now look like I can lift an argos catalogue without much effort), so I did not watch the amount of cream I was adding to coffee, or the portions of mayonnaise. But, I sorted out my blood sugars, so on with the next challenge!