Laugh or cry

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
Hubby has early demetia so when flu got me last week felt very sorry for myself and was not up to any decision making like whats for tea etc and just wanted to shut myself away but hubby kept pushing me for decisions and finally last night I broke ,so much muck in my lungs even speaking set the coughing off and he asked me shall i take the dogs out bearing in mind he does this every night anyway so said to him I cant cope with this just make some choices of your own so out he went with dogs then he called up to me would you like some water wow i thought progress then he said shall I put it into a big glass or a small one AAGGGHHHHHH
Today am a bit calmer but managing diabetes with illness is not so easy :arghh:

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You have my sympathy on all counts.

We've got a good SCREAM thread going that might help on these frustrating occasions too!

Hugs, Robbity

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hubby has early demetia so when flu got me last week felt very sorry for myself and was not up to any decision making like whats for tea etc and just wanted to shut myself away but hubby kept pushing me for decisions and finally last night I broke ,so much muck in my lungs even speaking set the coughing off and he asked me shall i take the dogs out bearing in mind he does this every night anyway so said to him I cant cope with this just make some choices of your own so out he went with dogs then he called up to me would you like some water wow i thought progress then he said shall I put it into a big glass or a small one AAGGGHHHHHH
Today am a bit calmer but managing diabetes with illness is not so easy :arghh:

I understand your frustration but, and yes there is a but, at least he remembers to ask, when they forget to ask that's the time you will miss the questions and wish you could turn the clock back...........:bag:

C

catherinecherub

You deserve a medal for coping day in and day out @borderter and I expect your husband would do the same for you if roles were reversed.
Being ill has probably made you understand the situation more and how it upsets you and your reaction is a normal one. We try to cope with everything that life throws at us but there are times when we wish it would all go away as it becomes too much.
I hope you soon shake the flu symptoms off and feel better.
Do you have any "me" time normally, is there any respite care or family and friends that can help out? Has your husband been referred to a day centre so that you can have some time to yourself?

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I agree with @catherinecherub that you need time for yourself. Being a carer and having diabetes yourself is a lot on your shoulders @borderter. Hope you feel better and things work out. :)

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
Am well again now thanks and so coping once more so thankyou all for your good wishes :)

Reactions: 2 people