LCHF loose how much how fast?

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
been type 2 and the fact i get no sodding help from the NHS at all
Hi

How soon do you think I should see results ? Starred 5 days ago lost 1 lbs don't seem a lot

Reactions: 2 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I detect impatience .... just take your time and exercise along with the diet change. It could take weeks / months. We are ALL different. I lost 30 lbs in 8 weeks and I wasn't even doing LCHF

Others may lose more or may lose a LOT less. STICK to the plan

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In 28 weeks I've lost 4st 3lbs, didn't really seem to notice much in the first week or two then it all started quiet nicely! Give your body time to adjust, keep at it!!

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yes I am impatient person lol. You guys must be so happy to be that much lighter

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Yes I am impatient person lol. You guys must be so happy to be that much lighter
Now why did I know that? :)

This is NOT a race. Remember that and it will serve you well. I drop weight like I drop bad company ..... many others don't.

I was never that heavy to start with (90 kgs) but I got done to 74 in no time at all. Discipline gets you there. Just take your time ... and yep, it gives you MUCH more energy but do NOT overdo it. Set a target and see how you go

Reactions: 8 people

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
3kg in the first 4 months of last year, then started lower carbing and monitoring and lost 17kg in the last 8 months. I was more concerned about keeping my BS levels under control than loosing weight even though I am still a lot heavier than I should be, fortunately the two for me went hand in hand.

Good luck and keep at it, you will get there.

Reactions: 4 people

madusmacus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
13kg in last year I seem to be stuck at 105kg for 3 months - nay mind its my BS I care about

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I lost a stone really quickly in the first 2 months... then it slowed and I stopped loosing weight for over 9 weeks. I think I had increased either my fat or protein by too much which slowed it all down - that said I still lost inches.. which amazed me. Now I am back on a more tighter controlled LCHF diet and I am hoping for better results.
So keep going... even if you don't loose the weight as quickly as you want, your BS's will start to look so much better and you'll have more energy, so that's got to be a good thing.

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Hi

How soon do you think I should see results ? Starred 5 days ago lost 1 lbs don't seem a lot
I have lost 1 stone and 4 pounds in 10 weeks. That's 1.8 lbs a week. Some weeks nothing some weeks much more. Depends on your metabolism, what you are eating and how much exercise you do. I have never EVER lost so much weight so quickly. Like MAGIC

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Yes slove it. Because as I have lost weight it has made me even more active. I have to slow down a bit because I am starting to push m frame to its limits. But its great to jump off the sofa from a seated position rather than standing up in instalments.

Reactions: 7 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've lost 4 stones, at just under 2lbs a week on average. Most weight loss resources advise us to lose 1 to 2lbs a week, so you are on target. :)

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
i also believe that you should only eat when you are hungry. so is it ok that im not and i prob wont want to eat breakfast and maybe only a teeny lunch

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
i also believe that you should only eat when you are hungry. so is it ok that im not and i prob wont want to eat breakfast and maybe only a teeny lunch

No. It is important to have 3 meals evenly spaced or your liver will start dumping glucose in the belief you are in starvation mode. Breakfast is the most important meal, even if it's not very much, it should be something.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
No. It is important to have 3 meals evenly spaced or your liver will start dumping glucose in the belief you are in starvation mode. Breakfast is the most important meal, even if it's not very much, it should be something.
Yep, agreed :) Take note mate. As my doc says, "JUMP on this NOW"

nancyb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Listen to Bluetit - don't skip meals, it won't help.
In my experience, some weeks you lose weight and others you don't. The LCHF diet is very effective if you stick at it. You may get "low carb flu" to start with - basically you feel **** when you first start but after about a week it settles down.
It's good to see you are still posting turvell

Applenerd81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carbs
Now why did I know that? :)

This is NOT a race. Remember that and it will serve you well. I drop weight like I drop bad company ..... many others don't.

I was never that heavy to start with (90 kgs) but I got done to 74 in no time at all. Discipline gets you there. Just take your time ... and yep, it gives you MUCH more energy but do NOT overdo it. Set a target and see how you go

Wow! Like Turvell I too have recently started and am impatient! Blood ketones are 1.7 today (day 4) and I'm hoping the fat will melt away! Always been around 83-90kg in the last few years, don't think the scales have been below 80kg in over 10 years so if this new eating plan works it will seem miraculous, especially if I get anywhere near your figures! :)

Kfoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have lost 2 stone in 3 months. Some weeks I'll lose nothing, then 2 lb the next day. Some people lose at a steady rate, others (like me) in clumps.
As long as you stick to it, you WILL lose and you will feel so much better.
I have 4 more stone to lose and I have absolutely no doubt that I will do it this time. This diet gives you so much confidence and when you see your BG levels go from around 10 to 4.5 virtually overnight, you cannot possibly be despondent.

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If it works for you I'd say it's a good idea. To skip breakfast anyway.

I eat when I'm hungry and stop eating when I'm full. Sometimes I only eat a little, sometimes I can eat for an hour before I feel full enough.

Whatever you do, don't go hungry for too long. If you try to starve yourself it will come back and bite you.