LCHF Salmon Recipe

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I tried a new recipe last night and it was so lush that I had to share it with you! Very easy and more tasty than I thought it would be. Hope you enjoy!

OVEN-ROASTED SALMON WITH PARMESAN MAYO CRUST – FOR 4 PEOPLE

4 salmon fillets, skin on
Freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons mayonnaise, preferably homemade
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Additional Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
A few dashes of sweet paprika

Preheat oven to Gas mark 7.

Line a shallow roasting pan with foil.

Rinse the salmon with cold water and dry thoroughly with paper towels, then place in roasting pan.

Season lightly with pepper.

Mix the mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl and spread completely over the salmon.

Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese on top, and add a few dashes of sweet paprika.

Roast for 12-14 minutes (depending on thickness of salmon).

Remove from oven; carefully slide a wide spatula between the skin and meat to separate from the skin, and serve.

Reactions: 6 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks @Pink_Minx. That sounds good. I'll give it a try. Just one thing though, the skin is supposed to be the most vitamin rich part of the salmon. It's not nice if it's soft, but good if it's dry and crispy. I suggest putting the fillets under a hot grill for a minute or two, with skin up at the end of the oven cooking to crisp it up.

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know what you mean, @Prem51 - the only problem is the mayo and parmesan goes all "souffléed", which would be squashed if turned upside down. I did grease the skin and heated the tray before putting it in the oven, but it didn't really help. Maybe after removing the salmon from the skin, putting the skin on its own under the grill, would do it..? I guess the only way to find out is to try it again, which is no hardship, believe me!

Reactions: 2 people

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I tried a new recipe last night and it was so lush that I had to share it with you! Very easy and more tasty than I thought it would be. Hope you enjoy!

OVEN-ROASTED SALMON WITH PARMESAN MAYO CRUST – FOR 4 PEOPLE

4 salmon fillets, skin on
Freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons mayonnaise, preferably homemade
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Additional Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
A few dashes of sweet paprika

Preheat oven to Gas mark 7.

Line a shallow roasting pan with foil.

Rinse the salmon with cold water and dry thoroughly with paper towels, then place in roasting pan.

Season lightly with pepper.

Mix the mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl and spread completely over the salmon.

Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese on top, and add a few dashes of sweet paprika.

Roast for 12-14 minutes (depending on thickness of salmon).

Remove from oven; carefully slide a wide spatula between the skin and meat to separate from the skin, and serve.
Sounds lovely, another way that I really like is fillets with a topping of red pesto and grated cheese on top of that, then roasted the same way.

Reactions: 2 people

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds lovely, another way that I really like is fillets with a topping of red pesto and grated cheese on top of that, then roasted the same way.
Oooh, that sounds delish! Cheese makes everything lovelier! ;-D

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know what you mean, @Prem51 - the only problem is the mayo and parmesan goes all "souffléed", which would be squashed if turned upside down. I did grease the skin and heated the tray before putting it in the oven, but it didn't really help. Maybe after removing the salmon from the skin, putting the skin on its own under the grill, would do it..? I guess the only way to find out is to try it again, which is no hardship, believe me!
Fry the skin in butter( and a drop of oil to stop the butter burning)until crisp - grilling it on its own will just dry it out and make it tasteless