LCHF symptoms

Jilly986

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Animal cruelty, rude people
I have re-started this regime after falling off the wagon a few months ago. This is my third day and I don't feel too bad other than the usual fatigue, irritability etc. This time round I am being a lot more strict with myself and using My Fitness Pal which is a godsend. This time I have noticed that my back has started aching and I seem to be peeing for Britain! Is this normal?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have re-started this regime after falling off the wagon a few months ago. This is my third day and I don't feel too bad other than the usual fatigue, irritability etc. This time round I am being a lot more strict with myself and using My Fitness Pal which is a godsend. This time I have noticed that my back has started aching and I seem to be peeing for Britain! Is this normal?
I'd speculate your kidneys are working hard to get rid of the sugars from your system. I'd suggest you up your fluids, as low carbing does tend to mean we can become a little dehydrated if we're not careful, and see if that helps. As you probably recall, Monod these things pass after a few days, but hopefully with a bit more water you can be rid of the discomfort sooner.

Jilly986

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thank you. Yes that was the big mistake I made last time round. I became dehydrated and ended up hospitalised. I assumed drinking copious amounts of tea and coffee would be ok but...water it is!

Jilly986

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thank you for this link. Very useful