1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

LCHF Treats the true cause of Insulin Resistance and Type 2 Diabetes

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by pdmjoker, Apr 17, 2018.

1. pdmjoker

pdmjoker Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Listen to the first 30 mins of this interview to hear Dr Jason Fung explain what Diabetes is REALLY caused by and why an LCHF diet can reverse it and enable weight loss.

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=154525

Apologies if this has already been posted...

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. pdmjoker

Thanks for the info. Is there one of Jason Fung's own talks which puts it all "in a nutshell"? I felt the interview I posted did just that but you might know of something better...

Thanks for reassurance about me re-posting! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Master

@bulkbiker is a huge Dr Fung fan. He can help with his presentations, normally.

He is a fantastic Dr for explaining IR. I respect his view, as of Dr Bernstein's too.

I feel informed more by their perspective and the low carb interest in this forum.
    A very useful read. Always.

• Like Like x 1
  4. eggs11

eggs11 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks @pdmjoker this was very interesting. I'm a fan of Dr Fung and here he talked a bit more about fatty livers, which was fascinating, and also explained why Asian populations could happily eat white rice (a question I'd been asking myself, turns out there is just no other sugar in their diet) until introducing Western food into their diets massively increased the rates of diabetes.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Here's link to a few Fung videos from his IDM site..
    https://idmprogram.com/videos/
    There are probably quite a few more on youtube

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. pdmjoker

I think he is super for making the info freely available on his blogs and Youtube and charging only a modest amount for his Diabetes Code book (arriving Fri I hope). Other people would surely charge a great deal...

@eggs11 I too appreciated the fructose/fatty liver explanation and info on rice...

@bulkbiker Many thanks for the link!

• Like Like x 3
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook