LCHF Treats??

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
been type 2 and the fact i get no sodding help from the NHS at all
hi

i need a few ideas of what to have as a desert or as a treat whilst on LCHF eating plan. other than cream. if i have no carbs all day what can i get away with on the evening

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Full fat Greek yogurt with a few grapes....Stilton cheese with blueberries,strawberries and Gouda cheese,walnuts and cheddar cheese, fresh cherries and brandy butter,::))

Reactions: 2 people

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
With yogurt how many carbs per 100g is good ?

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
If you have no carbs in the day can you have some at night in the form of flavoured yogurt

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No carbs in the bits and bobs I posted lol

Where are you getting your nutritional information from, Clive? Whilst some of the foods you mention are lower carb, I don't know of a zero carb yoghurt, and I believe grapes are carb-tricky.

Reactions: 6 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Plus the old cocoa/coconut balls, or fat bombs as they are also known.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

hi

i need a few ideas of what to have as a desert or as a treat whilst on LCHF eating plan. other than cream. if i have no carbs all day what can i get away with on the evening
What will you be eating all day that is zero carbs? I don't think it is a good idea to use your carbs in one hit, especially on treats. You want to be smoothing out the spikes.

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tim what are these coco balls ?

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would also have thought that you would be better to spread what carbs you had through out the day, or at the very least have them in the morning not the evening as then the body can use them to be active through out the day.

If you want a dessert try sugar free jelly with a few berries added. or if you don't mind baking there are lots of recipies on the internet to try. One site worth looking at is

http://www.diabeticgoodbaking.com/

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pork scratchings, 9bars, sugar free jelly or berries and cream.. A few nuts (but watch the amount). Some dark chocolate. I occasionally have an apple or an orange as I seem to be able to tolerate them but you will have to use your meter to see how you body reacts.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Instead of a flavoured yogurt, it is much better to have a full fat natural yogurt and add your own fruit. It is amazing how delicious and sweet they are with a small handful of blueberries or 2 large strawberries chopped up, or half a dozen raspberries, or even a few slices of apple if your meter allows this..

Total Fage Greek Yogurt full fat is lovely and only 4 carbs per 100g.