LCHF

kimkennedy89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Being unwell & high blood sugars!
I started a low carb high fat eating regime on Monday, so far so good :) My BG levels have dropped to 5-7mmol already! Also taking less insulin which is a bonus, and will hopefully lead to some weight loss.

Just looking for ideas to have as a snack? I don't want to have anything too high in sugar such as fruit or yogurt....

Reactions: 2 people

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I guess I could say to try to avoid snacks, but cheese and nuts are fine or perhaps some raw veg?

Reactions: 2 people

kimkennedy89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Being unwell & high blood sugars!
Well I only eat breakfast a light lunch and dinner which are all loaded with veg and I'm eating <30g of carbs per day so I'm finding that I'm waking up hungry between midnight and 1am. Figured if I had a snack of some sort before bed I might get a more settled sleep....

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you eating enough fat to compensate for the low carbs? Try nuts, cheese (Babybels are handy), or make one of the almond/cheese/coconut flour "breads" from the recipes on this forum. I accidentally made a really solid brick-like thing this week and one small slice with butter or Marmite and a cherry tomato is ample as a snack. Also peanut butter & celery or something like that.
I used to be a serial late snacker but since I started eating a lot (hopefully wisely) at tea/dinner time I don't need more later. Maybe a small square of very dark choc ... ;)

Reactions: 4 people