Left foot, right foot....

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Left foot, right foot

There are days when our journey with diabetes is easy, the weather fair, the terrain smooth, there is a spring in our step and good time is made. But even as we settle in satisfied rest at the end of days like these, we know that we have it all to do again tomorrow.

Left foot, right foot.

And then there are days when nothing is easy, the track is uphill, the wind and rain in our face, the scenery uninspiring, our task seemingly impossibly daunting.

Days when we wish someone would give us a break, pick up the slack and carry our load for a while.

Unfortunately, no one else can!

These are the days that we need to go back to basics. Remind ourselves that even the longest march is but a series of simple steps.

Left foot, right foot.

Even if we have to keep telling ourselves which leg we have to push forward, still a series of small steps is all the journey is.

And it's only taking that next step that matters. Surely we can manage that.

And the road may be smoother tomorrow, the weather more forgiving.

And there may be wonders to see round the next corner, fantastic new ports to visit along the way.

And look there are others sharing the same journey with us. They may not be able to carry our load, but they can make the load easier to carry.

Even if you have strayed, if you have lost the path, worry not. Every day starts afresh on this journey and all that matters is taking that next little step.

Left foot, right foot.

Left foot, right foot.

Pavlos

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 3 people

julie56

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Angry people and liver!
Know exactly what you mean, I've actually had a lovely day today - the sun's been shining and I've been out in the garden starting to get it shipshape. Last year I had no energy and it upset me to let the garden get out of hand - now I feel healthier and can't wait to tidy it all up. Your posts have always inspired and we all have our 'off' days - so I hope the sun shines for you tomorrow.

Reactions: 4 people

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Disregard for authority. Noise.
Know exactly what you mean, I've actually had a lovely day today - the sun's been shining and I've been out in the garden starting to get it shipshape. Last year I had no energy and it upset me to let the garden get out of hand - now I feel healthier and can't wait to tidy it all up. Your posts have always inspired and we all have our 'off' days - so I hope the sun shines for you tomorrow.
Me too Julie, I did work in my garden today, just a bit. Something Pavlos said, inspired me to do a bit. It feels good, doesn't it :)

Reactions: 3 people