Legal question....

PetiteSJ

Ok so admittedly I'm not too savvy on the legal side of things my fiancee works in a dementia care home & has colleagues who have diabetes too recently one of them was supervised for her shift reasons being she's a diabetic my fiancee is now thinking that this will happen to him next I was wondering if anyone could help me with whether this is discrimination or the management are within their rights to do this.

To me this feels really wrong & I'm sure they can't do that I would be so grateful for any advice.

Thank you :smile:

SJ x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using DCUK Forum mobile app

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi PetiteSJ, :)

There is need for a little more detail regarding your question.

Management can oversee staff and supervise as necessary to ensure to ensure patients are fully cared for.

Your colleagues Diabetes may at some time caused management to have good reasons for their actions.

Your fiancee should not get involved, however your fiancee must ask management what is the procedure regarding himself in similar circumstances prior to such a event that may occur.

Roy, :)

PetiteSJ

I don't know the full extent of the situation but apparently there was no other incentive to the supervision except for the woman having diabetes I'll see if I can find out any more.

Thank you both for your replies I really appreciate it :grin:

SJ x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using DCUK Forum mobile app