Let’s give this Hello bit another go. This is Australia 1, Davidd53 is Gone and Sam is it.

A

Australia 1

G’Day, Let’s try to get this right. I thought my Brain had blown for sure. I am looking for the questions to answer but I gave up and a very nice administrator Lady has given me instruction.
My Name is Sam
Place of Birth: Washington D.C.
Real age 64. June 1953
Ambitions. Airline Pilot. Wide Body Aircraft 747
Been in love, well I thought so.
I love to help poor Children.
Are you religious? No. I am a Follower of Christ.
I am a Type One Diabetic
I am very Insulin dependent.
How do you manage? Hired Endocrinologist.
Type 2 Diabetic one year ago in February 2017
Type 1 Diabetic in December 2017.
I am not 3c
Do you get angry? Yes on Airport Tarmacs.
Do you like people? Yes, This Forum is Tops!!!
Do you like Australia? No.
Have you had Cancer? Yes 2 Times.
Do you have a Mate? Yes, All of you!!!!!!!!

A

Australia 1

Thank you to the 3 people and the Staff and Administration of the
DCUK Forum. I had Stuffed up my joining this group by using a first go around screen name Davidd53 and my Nation of Birth is America and so due to the death of my brother of Liver Cancer on December 3rd and multicultural issues etc. I handled everything wrong and very kind people from this Forum helped me find my way. I decided that I was almost to the Suicide point so I asked to be taken off the Roster. Anyway enough of all of this because I have another new name and I am still Type one insulin dependqent diabetic and I intend to be very helpful and yet I am dependent on all of you. Thank you for your Time and sacrifice to even read this. I am grateful to all of you. My real first name is Sam and the Screen name is Australia 1.

Now that is the last of that to of my Knowledge to tell all of my brothers and sisters here. In the Name of Jesus Christ.
Amen, Sam.

Reactions: heh

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiya @Australia1, and welcome to the forum. Always glad to have our "down under" brethern on board. You appear to have had a somewhat shaky start - hope things go smoothly for you from now on. There's plenty of knowledge and experiences to read about and share amongst the folks here, any queries or info needed, just ask away, there's usually someone around who will be happy to help.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
You have an ambition to be a 747 pilot?

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Sam/ @Australia 1 and welcome to the forum from me too. There are some other Aussies on here too, who I expect will be along shortly.

A

Australia 1

Hiya @Australia1, and welcome to the forum. Always glad to have our "down under" brethern on board. You appear to have had a somewhat shaky start - hope things go smoothly for you from now on. There's plenty of knowledge and experiences to read about and share amongst the folks here, any queries or info needed, just ask away, there's usually someone around who will be happy to help.

@hiya I say G’day to you!!!!! Australia is close to being the world leader in the number of Diabectics in this country. As I have written earlier about flying Aircraft it was a service rather than a job. But the Government will fly me 500 miles to a small airstrip in Tenet Creek in the Northern Territory. And that private aircraft (I own it) I fly from Town to Town to Town with emergency medical supplies. I never had a Hypo as I am Obsessive about my diabetes. My Blood is between 5.0 Mmol and 6.5 Mmol 24/7 On these Flights. I do not take passengers and my aircraft can in theory take off in a 100 Foot stretch. I write this to encourage my Diabectic Friends here at this Forum as yes @hiya I did have a very shaky start. And you are indeed correct about the vast Knowledge and Experiences to read about and I did not write that Airplane story for some trophy opinion that I am great. No, the Australian Government works with me to help other Australians in our Vast Outback and as long as I pass all of my Medical exams and there are no issues then I will do what I continue to do. There are NO Commercial Airline Pilots in this Country. I do this because my Heart is in it and I am Diabectic Type 1. I hope that someone got inspired by this writing as you @hiya inspired me to write this as inspired by God.
Brother Sam

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. Do you happen to know Bryan Griffin, ex-pilot??
Spent some time in his company in La Belle France.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
There are plenty of commercial airline pilots in Australia in case that was a typo

A

Australia 1

There are plenty of commercial airline pilots in Australia in case that was a typo

I was speaking of Type One Diabectic Pilots. There are no Diabectic Commercial Airline Pilots such as Qantas, Virgin Australia and United Airlines etc. Our Flight Line physical are Military Style as it would be in Any country. I do not understand the question. I guess I left out the Diabectic part. When I did my First Pre-Flight Medical at age 15 of course I passed it. One year I had to take Valium and I remember my Friend who loaned me his Piper Cherokee Arrow a lot said now you can lie about this and get away with it or do as your consciousness dictates. He knew that I was a Christian so I told the truth and got Grounded. After 2 more Flight physicals I got through it. If you look at YouTube there are plenty of Pilots that have cardiac arrests and a major Hypo would let a passenger land an aircraft. There is a fascinating one in the U.K. that I get inspired about. The passenger was a 69 year old man who had never Flown an aircraft in his life. He landed that plane and in one month started his first flight lesson. This was in total darkness. I equal any Diabectic problem with a Cardiac issue. Do not forget that German Wings Airbus 320. Suicide. The Airline let Him take SSRI,s and Fly that Aircraft.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
How do you Justify Spelt as Spelled? This country is not the Film Crocodile Dundee.

Spelt is perfectly acceptable in Australia at it denotes (in the main) past tense.