levemir insulin

tiggz53

I have recently been started on the above insulin and I am finding that I am getting terrible pains in my legs which is causing sleepless nights
Does anyopne have any ideas how to prevent this or has anyone suffered the same symptons

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Hi Tiggz,welcome to the forum.Are you taking Simvastatin by any chance?

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
you shuold take this post with "a pinch of salt" hehe.

I suffered from bad cramps in my calfs in the night, woke me up all the time in agony...

So i started adding salt for my veggies (i eat lots of veggies) and it seemed to have gone now... I read somewhere that cramps can be a symptom of not enough salt in your diet... i mean what with all the food manufacturers not putting ANY salt in stuff now...

Like i said, take it with a pinch of salt lol, i dont know if my statements are true or not, but i do know that my cramps have subsided sinse adding more salt to my diet.

stephenT2

Thats weird! I started on Levemir 8 weeks ago, (now on 130 units/night) and I have suffered from leg cramps to the extent that I jump out of bed screaming like a banshee and scaring my partner!

I too asked if this was a side effect of the insulin, but was told it wasn't.

Your solution is interesting as I never add salt to anything and have not done so for many years, The taste to me now is actually off putting, but if its going to get rid of these cramps, pass me the salt cellar!

Stephen