levemir to tresiba

Alexsalter47

Good luck, mate, libre gives a lot of good information, but when you get it set up with MM and xDrip+ and those first few blue dots appear on your phone, it's always good.

hi scott, have you tried your sensor anywhere but back of your arm? ive read a good bit saying it performs fine else where. i dont have much fat on the back of my arm, when i tense the arm the skins very tight. im really not confident in placing one there lol,

so basically i just need to get some sensors ordered, and order the MM from that site and im sorted. is that site Usa based? i couldnt quite find out on the site where they dispatch from. there seems to be another transmitter people go on about instead of MM, but people seem to advise MM over it. do you just use the adhesives they provide? do you you layer one of those transparent full layer stickers over the whole thing/sites? thanks

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
hi scott, have you tried your sensor anywhere but back of your arm?

Hi, Alex, I've only used it on the back of my arm, I've got fairly lean arms too, the filament is only about 4mm, not had any problems with it.

Others have posted about using it succesfully on other areas such as top of the chest, stomach, hips and thighs, so there are other options. Maybe Abbott just didn't want to incur the additional expense of testing elsewhere for FDA approval.

is that site Usa based? i

No, the company behind it is based in China.

there seems to be another transmitter people go on about instead of MM, but people seem to advise MM over it

The first transmitter to come out long before MM was Blucon from an American company Ambrosia Systems.

I used it for well over a year before deciding to try mm instead and had a good experience with it, but, yes, it's regarded as a bit "beta-max" now!

Version 1 of blucon isn't waterproof, so mm has the edge over blucon on that front but version 2 of blucon is waterproof. Mm has the edge over blucon as it is slimmer, so it tends to be the preferred option these days.

I started a thread about it which has a few tips on xDrip+:

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/getting-hypo-alerts-with-libre-blucon-and-xdrip.127195/

do you just use the adhesives they provide? do you you layer one of those transparent full layer stickers over the whole thing/sites?

Yeah, their double sided stickies are fine, I don't put a plaster or anything else over it. If I was into sports or activity I'd maybe think about an extra cover.

Before you order MM, they're bringing out a version 2 which is even smaller than the current version and will work with libre 2. However, no-one knows when it's coming out, could be next week, could be next year.

Reactions: Alexsalter47

Alexsalter47

Hi, Alex, I've only used it on the back of my arm, I've got fairly lean arms too, the filament is only about 4mm, not had any problems with it.

Others have posted about using it succesfully on other areas such as top of the chest, stomach, hips and thighs, so there are other options. Maybe Abbott just didn't want to incur the additional expense of testing elsewhere for FDA approval.

No, the company behind it is based in China.

The first transmitter to come out long before MM was Blucon from an American company Ambrosia Systems.

I used it for well over a year before deciding to try mm instead and had a good experience with it, but, yes, it's regarded as a bit "beta-max" now!

Version 1 of blucon isn't waterproof, so mm has the edge over blucon on that front but version 2 of blucon is waterproof. Mm has the edge over blucon as it is slimmer, so it tends to be the preferred option these days.

I started a thread about it which has a few tips on xDrip+:

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/getting-hypo-alerts-with-libre-blucon-and-xdrip.127195/

Yeah, their double sided stickies are fine, I don't put a plaster or anything else over it. If I was into sports or activity I'd maybe think about an extra cover.

Before you order MM, they're bringing out a version 2 which is even smaller than the current version and will work with libre 2. However, no-one knows when it's coming out, could be next week, could be next year.

Hi Scott, i presume I have the libre 2 sensors. not sure yet, but i doubt they would be otherwise. Im ordering the MM tonight. everything else is ready. I picked up the tresiba today. and my sensors are increased and i have signed up to electronic script ordering :D . 4 sensors should do me tbh.

so ive just gone to the site, the MM site, and im noticing something different, there seems to be two?

MIAOMIAO2 SMART READER 138£
or
MIAOMIAO SMART READER 113£

which do I order? thanks in advance - i presume either one + the 0.82p£
MIAOMIAO2 DOUBLE-SIDED ADHESIVE TAPE

Alexsalter47

MiaoMiao 2 is the updated version of the original MiaoMiao but other than a new look not sure what the differences are, I'll tag @porl69 think he might know as he has been following it's development.

Yep you'll need some tape as well. :)

tape meaning like,
  • MiaoMiao2 X 1;
  • Charge cable X 1;
  • Adhesive stickers(8in1) X 10; those? thanks for your reply
  • holder X 1;

Alexsalter47

If your in the UK you will get the "improved" Free Style Libre "with improved accuracy" which is the updated one they released about a month or so ago.

Libre 2, which has alarm facility is not available in the UK until some point next year, depending on who says what.

Thank you, Yes I am in the UK. Okay so I should buy the MM2? its more expensive but seems right. I presume xdrip will provide me with alarms?

sorry some things get confusing, but I presume libre 2 is a whole new beast and is sensor relevant which would make sense. im okay not having that at the moment. as ive been pushing for months just to get a sensor in the first place lol thanks

the MM2 says it comes with 80 doubled sided stickies , so thats good too , i guess they are the same as the separate order thats 0.82p , and the order comes from China? so I guess it takes a while to get here , im going to order it to my house, so if im not in i guess i ll be going to the nearest dhl place

Alexsalter47

it looks like the MM2 sticks to the body and to the top of the sensor? , and battery lasts as long as the sensor? I cant decide if its a good or bad thing that they run out at the same time. I guess it works out alright that way , since it seems its stuck to it anyway

Alexsalter47

I'm on MiaoMiao the original one the battery on that usually last at least more than the two weeks that Libre lasts.

Yes it comes from China and can take up o 4 weeks, but don't quote me on that.

xDrip and I think Glimp will give alarms for both high and low blood sugars.

thank you so much, :) , ive just injected my new insulin ! :D

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Thanks for the tag @Knikki
Hi @Alexsalter47 the MM 2 has just been released and will be compatible with the Libre 2 and 14 day USA sensors. At the moment the MM2 does not work with X-drip+. Still waiting for the developers to updat the software. And yeah, order extra stickies for it. The battery on the MM2 will last as long as the MM1 but I charge my MM1 every time I swap the Libre over. The MM2 is a fair bit smaller that the MM1. I do not think I am going to upgrade as there is an update due out to load onto the MM1. I will do that WHEN we get the Libre 2 in the UK

Alexsalter47

Hi there thanks for helping me. Im in the UK and I've just ordered the mm2. Does that mean it won't work with my libre sensors? I may have to cancel the order then

I presume I'd have to just spike then. Is that any good?

Thanks

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I'm sure it was mentioned in previous posts that the mm2 would work with the current UK nhs prescribed updated sensors

The UK is still using the Libre 1. I just looked on the MM Facebook page and they are saying it will work with Spike and Xdrip+ in September apparently. We are relying on the software developers to catch up at the moment. It shouldn't take them that long

Alexsalter47

The UK is still using the Libre 1. I just looked on the MM Facebook page and they are saying it will work with Spike and Xdrip+ in September apparently. We are relying on the software developers to catch up at the moment. It shouldn't take them that long

I will need to get a refund then

Thanks

Alexsalter47

Thanks. So just to be clear. I've ordered mm2 and I've ordered 4 libre sensors that are UK NHS provided and therefore libre1. So it all won't work together. So the mm2 is useless to me till libre2 comes out :l