1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Levothyroxine Raises Blood Sugars

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by Kittylitter, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Freema

Freema Type 2 · Expert

I totally depend on levothyroxine and I actually do not see it raising blood glucose , when I get too little it raises my weight , on 200 mg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kittylitter

Kittylitter Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Maybe I need a bit more then!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  3. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Doses are completely personal, although as you say, many GPs really just go with the assay ranges when deciding if medications are at the correct levels.

A truly euthyroid person will be running at TSH of less than 1, and FT4 running a the high margins of the range.

If you are in range, but still have symptoms, then ask your GP for a further increrement to your doase, or if he/she is very nervy about that, then even a 12.5mcgr (a sort of half step) could help ease their nerves.

Do you specifically know you need the T3? Have you ascertained you aren't converting properly?

• Agree Agree x 2
    #23 DCUKMod, Jun 15, 2018 at 6:08 PM
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  4. Kittylitter

I am just waiting for Blue Horizon to find a nurse to come out and draw some blood for a full thyroid and vitamin profile, I could not get enough blood with one of their finger prick tests, then I will have a better idea of where to start.

5. DCUKMod

I don't challenge what you say, but 50% means the other 50% could feel they are bouncing with health.

When I read studies or groups of folks doing "stuff", I try not to worry about what others do or take, but note it, then concentrate on what's happening with me.

Good luck with it all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. DCUKMod

do you know any nurses or Doctor you could ask? I'm fortunate I have some suitably qualified friends, and I reckon a bottle of red would about cover it.

Apparrrently Blue Horizon send everything needed to provide the samle, except, I believe the tourniquet, but if your veins are anything like mine, they stand out anyway.

:)

7. Kittylitter

No I dont like people, and keep away from them lol.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook