Libre lifestyle pain

joules

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Autoimmune issues
I've just got the libre kit today and did as am meant to, stuck it under my arm. It's sore and don't like the sensation. Maybe I didn't punch it down hard enough? Maybe it's meant to be a bit sensitive? Would like to know what others feel when wearing one of these sensors?

Also as I've got a 1.5 year old, realise now that it's not a good idea to have it under my left arm as he's constantly grabbing it when holding him. Next time will try my right arm!

Last edited:

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
I have never felt a sensor once inserted ( 7 so far ) -- did you get any advice with a rep from abbott -- or did you just buy it yourself ??

I am wondering if you inserted at 90 degrees to your underarm ??

perhaps give abbott a ring tomorrow and tell them you have some soreness within 24 hours of insertion -- perhaps they will replace it for you ?

joules

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Autoimmune issues
Maybe you're right about the angle. Not easy doing it perfectly straight when jabbing it under the arm.

Btw, I've been comparing results with a blood tester. 45 minutes ago the blood tester said 10.2 whilst this libre said 8.2. having watched the results on the libre over the last 45mins, it hasn't said reach 10.2. Is there some sort of major lag or simply that it may not therefore be on properly? Maybe that's the tell tale...

Reactions: himtoo

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
libre is normally 15-20 minutes behind BG either direction( up or down ) ....................

Reactions: joules

joules

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Autoimmune issues
Yeah, it's intriguing.
It's painful. Will call them on the morrow. Thanks #himtoo

Reactions: himtoo