1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Libre v2 and Miaomiao, xDrip+ etc

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by helensaramay, May 1, 2019.

1. helensaramay

helensaramay Type 1 · Expert

Now I have approval for the Libre of prescription, I am considering pimping it with a Miaomiao but ...
    with version 2 due out soon (I thought it was April but clearly I was wrong) and it having additional data encryption, I want to be sure before wasting my money.
    So my questions are
    1. When is version 2 of the Libre planned to be released in the UK?
    2. Will Libre version 2 replace version 1 or will both be available for a while?
    3. How are the Miaomiao, xDrip and Glimp guys getting on with hacking the Abbot data encryption?
    4. Where can I get this information rather than hassling the forum every month?
    As was once expressed to me "thanks already beforehand" for your insights.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Knikki

Knikki Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Libre v2 I have been lead to believe will available in the UK in June.

Look for a thread on Smart Watchs start by Conniesdad I think there is talk about the encryption in there or I'll tag @db89 because I'm sure he has kept up to date with xDrip not sure what's happening with GLIMP :)

found the thread https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/smart-watch.161075/page-2#post-2040529

Scroll towards the bottom of the page.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    #2 Knikki, May 1, 2019 at 7:29 PM
    Last edited: May 1, 2019
  3. db89

db89 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tag @Knikki - I've not seen anything further as yet except that they feel that their new protocol will work once the transmitters are updated (full description in the post Knikki linked to above). Hopefully this will happen in the coming months as I understand this is a fairly global effort given the locations of the manufacturers, range of different sensor versions out in the wild etc.

It seems that Marek Macner who has worked extensively on xDrip+ feels that this issue is resolved from the software side and is now moving on to tackling other issues to bring all the different tools we have together in some form. It's an attempt to resolve issues like Spike recently started experiencing from what he says and it's all in it's infancy still. There's a blog post explaining more here and social media accounts/groups have been set up at Twitter and Facebook if you'd like sources to keep up to date.

• Informative Informative x 3
  4. buckmr2

buckmr2 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

After speaking to the Abbott rep at a Libre follow up review she said the v2 wasn't going to be available in the UK until 2020 when asked earlier in the year.
    Just been prescribed 6 months supply of Libre and if v2 is going to be available from June I'd have preferred just getting enough until June so I could switch to v2 from then.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. MrCuddlyMoses

MrCuddlyMoses · Active Member

When I asked Abbott's Diabetes freestyle libre customer Service was told no date for the v2

6. Mel dCP

Mel dCP Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I bet there’s a few of us who’d want to swap v2 for v1 (if we’re using the transmitters) and vice versa if it’s launched soon!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. kristineh

kristineh Prediabetes · Newbie

No need to switch back to Libre v1, now you can use new NightRider which works with Libre 2

8. Mel dCP

Mel dCP Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Ah, it’s no issue in the U.K., we’re still on version one and likely to be for some time.

• Hug Hug x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook