Lidl bread

tinker1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rainy days
Has anyone tried lidl's high protein rolls at only 8.5 grams of carbs they are large and tasty and only 39p :)

Reactions: 2 people

PerfectStorm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I haven't but I may well venture there to buy some - I'm usually an Aldi girl but we have a Lidl nearby. Are they in the fresh bakery section or the other bread section?

Food shopping could become a full time occupation as there seems to be things I want to try from so many different places!

PerfectStorm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They certainly are high in protein - 26 grams of it per 100g and apparently a roll weighs 112g so about 30g protein!

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I like both the Lidl Low GI Cob loaf and their Rye Cob loaf. Both work well with my BG levels so allow me toast or sandwiches every now and then.

orchid5

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Whooo I'm going to try those, have been in costa today and shared a sandwich with other half, a whopping 20.5 carb for half a sandwich!!!! My bs at 4pm some 2hrs after this are 6.5, wrll within the guideline for t2. Note to self, trip to lidl tomoz.

SueB743

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good to know. My other half bought a low carb loaf from our local shop today at the best part of £2.50 and its up to its date tomorrow!!! Trip to lidl this weekend I think.

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I haven't but I may well venture there to buy some - I'm usually an Aldi girl but we have a Lidl nearby. Are they in the fresh bakery section or the other bread section?

Food shopping could become a full time occupation as there seems to be things I want to try from so many different places!

I'm interested in this too, would like to try them :)

orchid5

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have just eaten one of these with some cheese and it was yum, yum will do my sugars in 30mins and then at 2hrs to see if it has spiked them. Just to note they weigh in at 112g approx so more like 10 carbs each, fingers crossed no spike and I can eat them.

orchid5

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well the results are: 6.2 before eating low carb roll with cheese. 1hr a rise of 0.8 mmol/l, 2 hrs after eating bs had gone up to 7.2 and it's nearly time to take my 2nd dose of sr metformin. I think as an occasional treat they will be great. What do others think as I'm still new to this and my bs haven't gone above the NICE guidelines of 7.8 post meal.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As your levels are within the accepted range after 2 hours it looks like you can eat them. I will be looking for those the next time I go to Lidl

Reactions: 2 people

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They're in the fresh bakery section in my local Lidl. They don't always have them so when I find them I buy a couple, slice them and freeze them.