1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Lidl high protein roll.

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Nannyrosie, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Nannyrosie

Nannyrosie Type 2 · Member

I can't find the post this was on, here is the nutrition values a roll have in it.

1 roll weighs 127grms.
    ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1433842252.737851.jpg

2. scottish-jim

scottish-jim Type 2 · Well-Known Member

3. gillyhill

gillyhill Type 2 · Well-Known Member

They taste really nice too. Went to Lidl Saturday and beat someone to last four. Had one and others in freezer :)

• Like Like x 4
  4. littleweedz

littleweedz Type 2 · Member

Visited Lidl today in search of the elusive triangular dark rolls. Couldn't see any, so enquired whether or not they stocked them, and hey looked at me like I was bonkers

5. kay2409

kay2409 Type 1 · Member

I work for Lidl and the High protein rolls are a permanent line, some days the store you visit may be low or out of stock as the product is allocated to each store dependant on sales. They are also very nice and filling. ☺

• Like Like x 4
  6. bladerfc

bladerfc Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

That's good news I like them

• Like Like x 2
  7. Pinkorchid

Pinkorchid Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Sent an email to the Lidl web site about the availability of the protein rolls in different areas as we can't get them where we live I told them how popular they are with diabetics who can't eat other types of breads and those people who do healthy eating and low carbohydrates and how soon they sell out that it would be cost effective to them to do them in all stores and this is the reply from them so will keep my fingers crossed

Re: High Protein Roll

We do not currently stock this product in your area; however we have forwarded your suggestion to our Buying Department. Suggestions like these help us maintain and improve the variety of products that we offer.

Thank you for contacting us.

Yours sincerely,
    For and on behalf of Lidl UK GmbH

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dizz

Dizz Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Not seen them in our Lidl either, however the low GI loaf is lovely and doesn't seem to spike me!

9. Claire_Terry

Claire_Terry Type 2 · Member

I randomly popped into my local Lidl store in Worthing West Sussex, I saw the rolls and was very interested in them, they looked really good. I didn't buy any though, as I wondered what we're in them etc. They are in the fresh bakery section. I hadn't even realised they made these and just popped into the forum and seen these posts. It's a shame they don't sell them in very Lidl store. X

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook