1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Lidl's High Protein Rolls

Discussion in 'Food, Nutrition and Recipes' started by wiseowl_123, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Legend

They are loose, in the fresh bread baskets, labelled High Protein Rolls. 29p. Triangular, dark brown, covered with seeds.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Knighthawk22

Knighthawk22 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I have just discovered these after reading the forum. All I can say is wow I had one grilled with mushrooms ham and cheese with a splash of Worcester sauce fab.

• Like Like x 5
  3. hebedeebies

hebedeebies Type 2 · Newbie

Problem solved, half the size but same price. Lidl Rolls.jpg Lidl Rolls.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bellatom

Bellatom Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Lidl in spain do protein rolls how fab is that!!

• Like Like x 2
  5. SueNSW

SueNSW Type 2 · Well-Known Member

OMG - I sooooooo wish we had Lidl in Australia - spent 3 years in France between 2011 and 2013 and loved shopping there - these rolls sound fantastic

• Like Like x 2
  6. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

And now - 4 for one pound!!
    I bought 4 as that was all that was left - and I know that if I had been able to buy more I'd have munched my way through them in a couple of days - I can resist anything but temptation.
    I'll be going back tomorrow to see if they are still on offer.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Csarscott

Csarscott Don't have diabetes · Member

Where are people finding these, my local Lidl don't have them. I emailed lidl customer service and was told they are not currently available in stores!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ultramum

Ultramum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

They only ever have a few in our store - no offers though :-( Does yours have an instore bakery? I think they are baked on the premises

• Like Like x 2
  9. SueNSW

Certainly when I shopped at Lidl in France - and Germany, all the stores had an inhouse baking machine and sold a variety of rolls loose. I loved the pumpkin seed ones, but of course didn't have diabetes diagnosed back then. Guess I presumed all Lidls were set up the same way - much as Aldi do here in Australia

• Like Like x 2
  10. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

I hope Lidl's do come here to Australia, as it will shake the Colesworth monopoly up.

Aldi's have three stores here in Bundaberg and are doing very well against them.

Some old news here: http://thenewdaily.com.au/money/your-budget/2016/09/30/lidl-australia/

• Like Like x 2
  11. carol43

carol43 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Lidl in Melton Mowbray only had a few in the basket so I asked an assistant to cook some more and they were happy to do so, took just 20 minutes. He did query why I wanted 20 rolls, explained about diabetes and he was very interested also the shop is about 30 minutes drive from home so I stock up. OH has decided to do LCHF now so I will need more rolls in future.

• Like Like x 3
  12. SueNSW

Yes it seems that Lidl have been on the horizon for a while now, but not getting any closer unfortunately........Most of my shopping is at Aldi (not sure how many they have in the Newcastle and surrounding areas - but there are lots) with just occasional top ups at Coles and Woolies. I know our population is so much smaller than many of the European countries, but I can't get over the number and the range of products that they have in the countries I've experienced recently - particularly Britain and France.

• Like Like x 2
  13. wiseowl_123

wiseowl_123 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good morning all my friends I have 4 lidl's rolls each day with different fillings,have to get to the shop when they first open otherwise they are all gone,there's so many people with diabetes in my town,the odd ones out are the people that haven't got it:D
    has anyone any idea how long I can keep them in the freezer for please:)

• Like Like x 2
  14. connie104

connie104 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I buy in bulk, at least a dozen at a time and most days I have half of one for breakfast so they last approx 2/3 weeks . I get one from the freezer and zap it on defrost in microwave for a couple of minutes and it. Ones out as fresh as the day it was bought.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. connie104

connie104 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Sorry should read comes out !! Predictive text !!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Pauline2015

Pauline2015 Type 2 · Member

You can freeze them they are still good after being frozen!

17. sarah_chadwick

sarah_chadwick Type 2 · Well-Known Member

we have a Lidl on our doorstep so I regularly pop in for these rolls, I love them toasted with either peanut butter (if I want a sweet fix) or toasted with cheese melted under the grill - yummy :happy:

18. berylc

berylc Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Went into Lidl yesterday evening and were surprised to find 2 rolls left. So got a bread bag, put the rolls into it, only to find the bottom of the bag wasn't sealed and they both landed on the floor

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Legend

That happened to me once. I just picked them up and bought them anyway, but I do toast them. I'm still alive. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. LidiaS

LidiaS Family member · Member

http://www.livlifefoods.co.uk/

I have several of these loaves in my freezer, really nice bread and even lower carb than lidl rolls (which I love too) Waitrose is the only stockist nearby, £1.59 a loaf.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook