Life in the DVLA lane

Lsdj

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone my first post here

Anyway I am 17 years old and currently practising to drive. Now what really frustrates me is how long it took the DVLA to sort their sh*t out and send my specialprovisional which as anyone knows with diabetes expires every three years. But when I read about all the procedures I had to fulfil before I could go on a drive I just thought ***. Test your blood before u go if high wait 30 mins! Jokers the DVLA are. The whole pull over hypo thing as-well annoys me and the fact I can't be a truck driver which off course was my life's ambitions just adds to the tip of the ice berg ! What's your opinion on this matter?

Dazza1984

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Must admit the DVLA was very efficient at sorting out my license so can't complain. Regarding the testing, they never mentioned waiting if high (although depends on your def of high). Obviously big no no with hypos but test about 10mins before drive and if low top up with choc bar or coke etc. Also, depends how switched on you are to hypos; I always get warning signs (luckily)

Lsdj

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Must admit the DVLA was very efficient at sorting out my license so can't complain. Regarding the testing, they never mentioned waiting if high (although depends on your def of high). Obviously big no no with hypos but test about 10mins before drive and if low top up with choc bar or coke etc. Also, depends how switched on you are to hypos; I always get warning signs (luckily)
Yeh I always get signs like I feel shaky at 7.4 crazy rite like so not bad but it's just all such an effort