Living with Diabetes Day - Birmingham

gillyhill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lying on a beach all day, arrogant/rude/superficial people, not being able to get necessary help from health professionals
Hi. I've booked a place at the living with diabetes day in Birmingham in may. Is anyone else going? Has anyone been to one of these before? If so, can you let me know what goes on during the day?

gillyhill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lying on a beach all day, arrogant/rude/superficial people, not being able to get necessary help from health professionals
Hi ClaireLouise. Eventbrite is running the course. Go on to google and enter 'Living With Diabetes Day'. Hopefully there are some tickets left. Let me know if you do manage to get one

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been, they tell you how carbs put your blood sugar up and then in another bit they say it is fine to eat bananas. Oh yes and diabetes is progressive. It was an interesting day, but take their dietary advice with a pinch of salt and listen to what is said on here about low carbing.

smartlady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I've just booked my ticket for the Norwich event. Taking a large pinch of salt with me lol, but I'm more interested in meeting some others with diabetes, than their dietary advice, tbh.

Smartie xx

gillyhill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Smart lady..just one bit of advice about course. Don't go!! Lunch awful. Food was too much fat/carbs/sugar. Finally tried haddock, broccoli, mashed swede/potato and couc cous (to try). Broccoli rock hard, mash bland/grey looking and haddock tasted weird. Don't ask about cous cous. So after tasting and leaving the food I had half cup coffee and half wine glass water.
Information outdated...the plate portion idea and the rest of the old advice. I questioned everything and was ignored. I didn't follow their script did I?