Living with type 2 the good the bad and the ugly

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
General type 2.
This thread is a general comments chat thread.
Feel free to have a moan or just comments about life.
Take care all
Lou

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 12 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Lou, I can see you've been faster than grandpa Moshe ;-)
Well done, I love the topic's title, and the general invitation for a chat without having Damocles' sword of derailment hanging above one's head :-/
I'll post here from now on if you don't mind, including my morning levels.
Would it be possible, if you haven't done it so far, to post a link on "What was your morning..." thread, in case anyone's interested?

Reactions: 11 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
HI
Don't understand what is happening. Eventually found this thread but seems as if where I have been posting is now locked. I shall miss posting my readings each morning and seeing everyone else's. I found it was a way to keep in touch.

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
HI
Don't understand what is happening. Eventually found this thread but seems as if where I have been posting is now locked. I shall miss posting my readings each morning and seeing everyone else's. I found it was a way to keep in touch.
Yep, mods locked it...
I'm not going to rant about it...
Grrrrrrr...
You are welcome here of course, but you can join Nomistheman and Pasha's new thread;-)

Reactions: 7 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi Lou, I can see you've been faster than grandpa Moshe ;-)
Well done, I love the topic's title, and the general invitation for a chat without having Damocles' sword of derailment hanging above one's head :-/
I'll post here from now on if you don't mind, including my morning levels.
Would it be possible, if you haven't done it so far, to post a link on "What was your morning..." thread, in case anyone's interested?

Biddyook , or in English,EXACTLY

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
HI

You and me both - I don't see that it wandered that far off topic and was a really useful resource for people to "touch base" in a morning. It's a shame that it was locked and I hope the decision will be reversed

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
You and me both - I don't see that it wandered that far off topic and was a really useful resource for people to "touch base" in a morning. It's a shame that it was locked and I hope the decision will be reversed

Its well known that the most dangerous thing in the world is an idea or concept. You can lock a news paper down , but it will always reappear in some other form ,somewhere, somehow. someplace. There will always be a limit to the effectiveness of the "clamps" that can be applied to the human spirit.

Reactions: 12 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Its well known that the most dangerous thing in the world is an idea or concept. You can lock a news paper down , but it will always reappear in some other form ,somewhere, somehow. someplace. There will always be a limit to the effectiveness to the "clamps" that can be applied to the human spirit.
Great words Pasha :)

Reactions: 6 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm feeling devastated. Still don't understand what was wrong. I had seen the posting of fasting readings to be a way of regularly keeping in touch and encouraging one another. Helping to pick up the pieces if necessary. I felt I was among people who were in the same situation as me. Many a lot further along the road and able to give helpful suggestions. Now I do feel like burying my head in the sand. I'm finding it all too much and the one place I thought I could come each day and if there was a problem say so has been closed. I can't be the only one feeling this way.

Reactions: 13 people

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm feeling devastated. Still don't understand what was wrong. I had seen the posting of fasting readings to be a way of regularly keeping in touch and encouraging one another. Helping to pick up the pieces if necessary. I felt I was among people who were in the same situation as me. Many a lot further along the road and able to give helpful suggestions. Now I do feel like burying my head in the sand. I'm finding it all too much and the one place I thought I could come each day and if there was a problem say so has been closed. I can't be the only one feeling this way.

I feel exactly the same way - it was more than a thread, it was a support group and I feel it's been wrenched from me for no reason I can perceive

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I feel exactly the same way - it was more than a thread, it was a support group and I feel it's been wrenched from me for no reason I can perceive

Well you can imagine how we felt when it was wrenched from some of us for NO REASON WE COULD PERCEIVE. And thats without going into manner of the applied wrenching/s . We are not children playing in a sandpit.

Merrylizard1314

You can come here every day, same as all of us. Others will find out what has happened - just too much extraneous chat , according to the moderators, who must have their own guidelines about this sort of thing! In a few days, you will hardly be able to notice the difference!

Reactions: 8 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
You can come here every day, same as all of us. Others will find out what has happened - just too much extraneous chat , according to the moderators, who must have their own guidelines about this sort of thing! In a few days, you will hardly be able to notice the difference!

Spoken like a true optimist.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi guys can I join you? :)

Would I maybe be able to post my good, bad, or ugly fasting BG numbers here if I wanted to do so?

Reactions: 5 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi guys can I join you? :)

Would I maybe be able to post my good, bad, or ugly fasting BG numbers here if I wanted to do so?
Yes, but only if you promise to post your good, bad or ugly FBG numbers here, should you want so, and also in your heroic moments, even your postprandials!
Moshe :-D

Reactions: 4 people
M

mojo37

Its well known that the most dangerous thing in the world is an idea or concept. You can lock a news paper down , but it will always reappear in some other form ,somewhere, somehow. someplace. There will always be a limit to the effectiveness of the "clamps" that can be applied to the human spirit.
I'll double like that Pasha