Livlife Bread

Kallyloo

Hi, I just thought I'd post as I Look after my mum who has diabetes. Her Bloodsugars were getting really bad so she decided to try a low carb diet. Her Bloodsugars have gone from around 19 In the morning to around eight at the moment so it definitely works.

She loves bread and all the loaves we looked at had really high carbs, then I read about a new bread called livlife.
Not As expensive as other low carb breads at £1.49 and Has a low 3.9 g of Carbs per slice of bread. It's nice as toast and and makes quite good sandwiches,
She uses it now when she wants a change from whole grain crackerbread.
We buy it from Ocado or Waitrose but it may be more widely available.

lrw60

Dislikes
salads, meat, being bored
Thanks for that info. I only shop in Morrisons, Lidl and Aldi. I will see if they have it. Oh, and Iceland too.

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
lrw60 said:
Thanks for that info. I only shop in Morrisons, Lidl and Aldi. I will see if they have it. Oh, and Iceland too.

Waitrose only at the moment sadly but the manufacturers plan to roll it into Tescos next and Morrisons I believe. :D

lrw60

Dislikes
salads, meat, being bored
Thanks Paul. Me and Mr. Tesco don't get on too well. Me and Mr. Morrison get on just fine.

H

Hooked

paul-1976 said:
lrw60 said:

Waitrose only at the moment sadly but the manufacturers plan to roll it into Tescos next and Morrisons I believe. :D

We don't have a Waitrose or Morrisons here, so I'd be happy to see this bread in Tescos.

Do you know what the fibre content per slice is at all please?

EDIT: It's ok, found it online; 2.1g of fibre per slice.

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Great find! There's not too many Waitrose stores oop north, but their building one round the corner, will have to pop in!

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I emailed Morrisons about this bread, they phoned me back and said they had no reason to stock it, but will talk to the manufacturer.

Paul_c

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good news, that'll mean I won't have to keep making special trips to Waitrose just for some bread... I have a Morrisons in walking range :)

julie54

I also live 'up north' with no access to a Waitrose!! So I also e-mailed Morrisons and they replied with:

Thank you for your email.

We do not have any plans at the moment to introduce this line. I have however sent through to the buyer for future consideration when next reviewing the range.

Kindest regards

So perhaps the more people that contact them (this can be done via e-mail through their website contact button) - then perhaps it might inspire them to get it in store!! Strength in numbers, as they say!!!! :thumbup:

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I bought it today in Waitrose. its a small loaf and costs £2 so a bit expensive. Its very nice though. Nicer than I thought to be honest. Hope other supermarkets will sell it soon

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had only a little piece as i planned somethng else for dinner. Will have it for breakfast tomorrow and report my levels asap :D

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My levels were fine. Its true what they say on the package :) I started low carbing few days ago but even before I didnt eat bread too often.