Lixisenitide injectable

anitaw0lf

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Has anyone else been put on this? I have now been on a once a day injection for just over a month. Goes by the name of Lyxumia, and it has worked a massive amount on bringing my bg levels down. Before I went on it, I tried so hard to control but was regularly getting readings of 13+ first thing in the morning followed by even higher. This new drug, similar to Byeta has really got me focused on correcting all my food intake, as it gave me nausea at first so cut my intake right down, now I am trying to limit my intake to necessary as fuel. I have lost half a stone and my readings are, for the first time since diagnosis back in 2001 down to below 7 on wake up and normal levels during the day at various times. It was prescribed by the Diabetes Care Centre rather than the doctor. Just thought you all might want to know, as i am convinced this has saved my life. Very excited!

Reactions: 2 people

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
Hi, I have just been put on this yesterday. I was on Byetta but it didn't suit me once I started work. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind me asking. I'm trying to inject at 8.30 every morning, if I have a lay in and miss the time I should inject what should I do? And once I inject do I HAVE to eat an hour later? Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Cath40

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
hi anita
have u had any side effects on this as i have not seen this b4 im not on any medication at the moment because of tollerance issues is this an injectable medication or insulin i came off medication just b4 xmas and now finding my levels are all over the place with some highs and some ok

mortigger1968

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi ive just started this but was told to take it an half an houhour before my evening meal

Cath40

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
hi have u had any really bad side effects with your stomach or anything like that as i am hoping to be referred to diabetic clinic to sort my medication out i have just had my hba1c check and its gone up to 55 from 47 in november

Cath40

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
hi ahh right ok i thought u had already started it was just asking what it was like

kms1985

hi have u had any really bad side effects with your stomach or anything like that as i am hoping to be referred to diabetic clinic to sort my medication out i have just had my hba1c check and its gone up to 55 from 47 in november

I'm getting really bad stomach problems (loose bowels, aches etc)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Nausicaa

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My gp gave me the info dvd this evening as he wants me to take this as well as my other medication (metformin pr 2000mg and gliclazide pr 90mg) just worried about the side effects as I've been dealing/coping with the metformin ones for 20years and not sure I want more!!

Nausicaa

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I had all the side effects, then when I got put on to the higher dose pen I had allergic reactions too! Got taken off it straight away