LO reading - PLEASE HELP

Robynoksana

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all

Newly diagnosed here! I'm currently taking Levermir twice daily and Novorapid before meals.

This evening I had a BG reading of 22.0 so I checked my ketones and got a reading of LO.

I use the Glucomen LX PLus meter.

Please help - does anyone know what that reading is or is it an error message (like the E4 reading)??

Thanks in advance!

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The LO reading means your ketones are too low to get a reading from, so no need to worry.

Tylers73

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been diagnosed a year and half now so still very new to everything too. Had ketones before so know the worry of the early days x

Reactions: 2 people

Lynz84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi there. I use the same metre. Lo is good!! Means theres very few ketones which is what you want. Did your sugars come down?

mattpiano

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Slow and steady is the best way when reducing high sugar levels. Big, sudden drops are dangerous, but a steady reduction keeps you in control and safe. Well done, and keep at it.

Robynoksana

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks @mattpiano! I was concerned that I wasn't seeing much reduction in my BG levels but my ketones have remained below 0.6 since coming out of hospital. My diabetes nurse said exactly the same as you - that they could dose me up with high amounts of insulin to reduce my BG but that id probably be ill