LONG TERM USE OF DIABETES DRUG METFORMIN MAY CAUSE B12 DEFICIENCY.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@CRPetersen - Thank You, I found it interesting reading the article.:)

khkwong

Type of diabetes
Type 2
This article do not have sufficient research to backup the claim. I believe it might be true also. Just ask vitamin B tablets from the doctor when u r going for your nect appointment . No point to mention this article to your doctor.

CRPetersen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This article do not have sufficient research to backup the claim. I believe it might be true also. Just ask vitamin B tablets from the doctor when u r going for your nect appointment . No point to mention this article to your doctor.
If you click on the links it will give you the research. As for vitamin b 12, you can just buy the supplement if you wish. Point of talking with your doctor is to see if you are low.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@CRPetersen - Hi. My GP tests my B12 on a yearly basis as I have been taking Metformin for 14 years, and my B12 is always OK. I am tested every 3 months for Ferritin Levels due to having Aneamia, I am prescribed Ferrous Fumarate 2 a day, but only take 1 a day. Got my recent test results yesterday and my Ferritin level is now 23. And my GP is pleased that I have now introduced eggs in my diet.

CRPetersen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@CRPetersen - Hi. My GP tests my B12 on a yearly basis as I have been taking Metformin for 14 years, and my B12 is always OK. I am tested every 3 months for Ferritin Levels due to having Aneamia, I am prescribed Ferrous Fumarate 2 a day, but only take 1 a day. Got my recent test results yesterday and my Ferritin level is now 23. And my GP is pleased that I have now introduced eggs in my diet.
That's interesting, I don't remember it ever being tested for me until I specifically asked for it.