Looking for an expert

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Diabetes.co.uk are looking for a qualified/experienced diabetes expert to provide expert comment on our content pages. This process of review and comment, which will be on a freelance basis, will be conducted with the aim of providing the most useful content possible for visitors in need of reassurance.

Please send CVs and ideas to [email protected]

lionrampant

The problem is no consultant will risk his reputation by going alone in endorsing a page on here. Peer review is usually must more stringent than one man and a mouse, and it's an uphill struggle to get the medical profession to release their exclusive grasp on medical information anyway.

rubik101

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Fat!
I propose you find Anon Y Mouse and get him or her to post.
We don't need to know who it is as long as Administrator assures us his bona fides are good.

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Dan,

I think it's an admirable idea, but the content pages cover such a wide range of subject matter that one consultant could never cover more than a fraction of the topics. You could be looking for experts in diabetes diagnosis & treatment, dentistry, scientific developments, diet, insurance, sport and exercise. I can't see us getting all that in one package.

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dennis,

Agreed, the solution is underway and proceeding asap.

Dan

Stunning

Dislikes
The so-called Diabetic team at the hospital!!!
I had a horrible experience when i had a hospital admission in February 2009.

The hospital consultant, who i had never met before, seemed more focused on posturing in front of his "team" who struggled to write down all that he was saying, while he looked out of the window and "number-crunched" regarding what Insulin doses I was taking.

When discharged, the "new" regime that this consultant had put me on led to THREE night hypos, each of which required an Ambulance call.

After that, I reverted back to my original regime and, the hypos ceased!!!!!

It made me wonder if this consultant had ever actually witnessed a Diabetic in the "full-throws" of a severe hypo and, as such, does indeed make the Diabetics themselves far more of an expert than consultants of his ilk will ever be!

Also, i will NEVER be seeing the Diabetic team at the hospital EVER again and will continue to see my GP at my local doctors surgery.

DS