Looking for friends aged 9-12

Meganbd

Hi my name is Megan I'm 11 years old and would really like to make some friends I'm on a pump and my hba1c is7.9 it would be good to talk to some girls of a similar age thanks Megan B

Lovelylivpet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Megan I'm 11 years old too. I'm a girl and also on a pump ( The accucheck spirit combo). My HBA1C is 8.5 and do some advice , it would be good to hear from someone who knows what I'm going through and can relate to to that. Any advice?

Meganbd

Hi lovelylivpet thx for replying my pump is a Medtronic mini end but I think all pumps are pretty much the same I would love to chat just wondering how long you have been on a pump

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Lovelylivpet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Meganbd said:
Hi lovelylivpet thx for replying my pump is a Medtronic mini end but I think all pumps are pretty much the same I would love to chat just wondering how long you have been on a pump

I was about 5/6 and as I say I'm now 11. I'd love to chat too, about anything. Not sure what... but a We'll think of something. LOL :)

ukikawasaki

Hi to all of you young pump users ! ... As a 39 year old woman pump user , I can tell you that I admire you. Eventough I was diagnosed at 25, it was stilll hard at the beginning.

As a woman, I want to share my tutorials on how you can still dress the way you like with your pump, and still hide it. I get bored with answering questions on my pump and just feel better hiding it ...

Check out the ones in english , and If you can have your Mom Dad or somebody to watch them , it would be helpful. We all need each other !

Here is the link :
http://www.youtube.com/user/ukikawasaki

Wish you the best.

Smoshy_EJ

hai Megan. I'm 13 and im sorta similar to you, sorta, im not on a pump though im on a pen and I don't really ever have good sugars :oops: :cry: how is it having the pump though? I really don't want one but ive always wondered what they're like. the reason I don't want one is because I love to run around at lunch with my friends and I think I wont be able to do that if I get it. Anyway its great to know that you have good sugars and a HBA1c mines about 9 ,well done me :clap:

Lovelylivpet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Smoshy_EJ said:
hai Megan. I'm 13 and im sorta similar to you, sorta, im not on a pump though im on a pen and I don't really ever have good sugars :oops: :cry: how is it having the pump though? I really don't want one but ive always wondered what they're like. the reason I don't want one is because I love to run around at lunch with my friends and I think I wont be able to do that if I get it. Anyway its great to know that you have good sugars and a HBA1c mines about 9 ,well done me :clap:

Don't worry, It doesn't really effect your pfriend time. Although don't wear puffy coats with them (OMG). But I find it easier to control diabetes with for me. :)

Erinmcdonagh

Hey I'm 9 years old and I have type 1 diabetes I like to know that I can talk to people on here that have what I have. I'm getting the pump Mabey in June ish I've been to the demo. And going to the over talk soon I'm so exited.