Looking for people like me

Sweetwii044

Dislikes
Diabetes, Sometimes Parents, Homework
Hi,
I'm Charlotte I'm 13 years old and was diagnosed T1 on 18th December 2009. They think my diabetes was triggered by a cold and body attacked itself, i had plus 4 ketone's and I was told if it had been left a few more weeks I would've been in a coma. Anyway its been almost two years now and I'm starting to feel like an alien, I don't know anyone else with diabetes (no family history at all) and feel lonely. I'm looking for other people my age to talk to. I love animals, school, kids (want to be primary school teacher) and horses. I dislike high blood sugars, diabetic chocolate, too much homework and not enough sleep!
Look forward to talking to you
Charlotte :)

goldfish_21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi there,

Just wanted to say welcome to the boards, And if you didn't know anyone else with diabetes before, then you certainly will now! There's a lot of us about, both type one and type two, so please don't feel like an alien any longer :) I know it can feel isolating, but here is a good place to find support and advice from people in the same boat. Hopefully there will be some people your own age around soon to reply to you (I'm 33 so no longer count as a teenager despite refusing to ever grow up! lol).

Vicky

Sweetwii044

Dislikes
thx for replying it means a lot. Already found another girl my age who was diagnosed around same time as me!
Charlotte
P.S you never have to really grow up :)

Hazza

Hi Charlotte, My daughter is 8 and was diagnosed in June 2010. She is on the combo the same as you but we tend to deal with most of her treatment. She is quite capable of doing her own finger pricks and she does her own boluses but she isn't too good at carb counting yet, (her maths is getting better though :) ).
She hates having diabetes but who doesn't? Thankfully she is able to do pretty much everything that her friends do so she doesn't miss out. She even has sleep overs ahd the parents phone us if they need any advice.
I hope you find some friends around your age to talk to, and you can always PM me if you want. Lily was thrilled that you contacted us. Good luck with your teaching ambition, I'm sure you will get there.

Harry and Lily

bretty

hello, like some one else said dnt feel like a alien there are well over 250 millions diabetics out there or if you like aliens lol. it does get easier as you get to understand it more so ive been told, i was diagnosied may 2010 and still find it hard to get my levels rite. but there plenty of help and advice and people to talk to. good luck.

cupcake1

hiii, i am in the same boat as you! I'm 16 and the only one in the family and have no other friends who are diabetic :/
talking on here with people really helps when you have questions to ask and feel that your family/friends won't understand.
I'd love to talk with you whenever you feel you need to :D
Kayleigh.

linkinparkfan

Dislikes
I still eat like am not a diabetic LOL
hey hey! i know how you feel am a girl and am 16 and i found out last year i had diabetes type 1 D: it sucks but hey you just got to get on with it, urr dont know if you got facebook being as your 13? i dunno could chat on there if you wanted to chat/keep in touch good luck =)!

ellanurse

hey, my names ella, im sixteen and diabetic and take insulin injections four times daily. I understand completely how you feel, being diagnosed at nine i coped really well, until i went to high school and was continuously bullied for my condition.I stopped my injections and put myself at risk terribly over this, and other issues in my teenage years, but eventually it will all fit into place. Although my blood levels are not managed 100% well, i am hoping to improve now starting college and being treated like an adult. Anyone my age wanna add me on facebook for a chat? i have no friends/family with diabetes so would appreciate anyone adding and mailing me.. thanks ella nurse (my display picture is myself in a mirror with boyfriend..

hey charlotte :D ! my name's siobhan and i'm also 13 years old :) . I would like to be a primary school teacher too (see we already two things in common:p!) it's a shame that you feel lonely, no-one ever should especially if it's for a medical reason..so talk to me anytime you want :D ! i dislike homework too..which happens to be what i'm doing right now :lol:! hope you would like to talk to me, byee<3!

Sweetwii044

Dislikes
Thanks to everyone who has replied on my post. It has meant a lot to me and I would like to chat with all of you. Please PM me for my email address. I would've replied sooner but life has been hectic at the moment with my GCSE's ect. Charlotte :)