LOSING AT LONG LAST ...

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
:D I've lost weight... I've lost weight... I've lost weight ... zippidy doo dah ... zippidy yay ... my oh my ...

Well that's enough of that ... I've lost 3lb. Just like that. I actually haven't weighed myself for over 2 weeks because I was getting demoralised by not losing anything. My weight has been the same for 3 months after losing an initial half a stone at the beginning of my LCHF change of diet.

A couple of weeks ago as I felt I'd sufficiently got my head round the carbs issue enough to get my blood sugar to behave itself, I'd start concentrating a bit more on portion sizes and only eating when I'm hungry, because I do still eat when I'm not hungry simply because I'm scared to miss a meal in case I suddenly get dizzy or whatever.

I think my fat intake is fine without deliberately adding more fats. I eat salmon, fatty meat, cook my eggs in a knob of butter and have cream in my coffee two or three times a day, but last week I was getting bored of coffee and cream so I dug out my old favourite ... Earl Grey and I mostly drank that with lots of lemon juice and a couple of Stevia pills. I've had the odd cup of Marmite if I've fancied a more savoury drink.

Also, for some unknown reason, I've become really, really averse to the smell and taste of chocolate over the past couple of weeks so I haven't been having my occasional mini Crunchies (honestly I'm balking just typing the word here). I've only eaten a good breakfast for the last few days, and then just snacks when I felt the need, instead of a 'proper meal' and so far I haven't fallen over with starvation.

I am a bit of a nutcase in that sometimes, before I go to bed, I have a conversation with my body and ask it to show me what I need to do next to support it and heal it. I don't tell IT what to do, I ask IT to tell me. And the chocolate aversion is how it's telling me and it told me really, really strongly. I know... I know... I need certifying. But it works. As I've got older, I've realised that some of the more senior members of our society really know what they're doing when they talk to themselves out loud. It's actually not a sign of dementia, it's a sign of good communication with their own soul.

I discovered it worked quite by accident when I got into my 40's and my eyes started deteriorating. I started wearing specs and like most new specs wearers I had them wrapped round my neck on cords, chains and God knows what and STILL lost them. And the number of times I lost my specs in a day was phenomenal and I would get soooooooooooo exasperated with myself searching high and low for them and I found that when I lost my temper and yelled out loud "Where the hell are my specs?" My eyes would automatically search them out and find them in seconds. But there seems to be one condition which makes it work - the question or request has to be sincerely FELT and EXPRESSED with GENUINE EMOTION.

I'm working on asking where the hell my winning lottery ticket is and if I haven't bought it yet to damned well make sure I do buy it very very very soon! :D

eggplant

Congrats on the weight loss, Grace. I know how exciting it can be when it suddenly starts to drop off again. After managing to lose lots of weight initially (50lbs over 6 months), I then stabilised around mid-October and just couldn't seem to get below the 157lb mark - and I'm aiming for 142lb. Mind you, my initial 1200 cals daily was averaging more like 1600 daily recently - hard to keep to a strict diet for so long. Then this last week, my weight finally started to drop again ... slowly and not dramatically but, like you, have lost 3 lb and was so thrilled to hit that 154lb (11 st) marker - but not as thrilled as I will be to get below it... 153 lb here I come. :)

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Grace :D :D :D
This post and thread has had me beaming away for 'YOU' ...
My oh my - what a wonderful day !
Am so pleased for you :thumbup: :clap:

You express yourself so well - I feel like I have met you in person :)
This post is so inspiring and honest it melts me .
Nah you're not certifiable - just so expressive and honest .
I jabber and mutter to myself too and lose things also .
Good job my head is attached to my neck kind of thing !

Worse is the dropsy days [when I keep dropping things ]
It just happens - dunno why ?
Always blamed my hormones on this one ...

On a bad day I lose the car [ cant remember where I parked it ]
A friend has put a bumble bee on my arial now - so I can find it :p
Ask whoever is with me - what day it is a dozen times.
Lose both my glasses and hearing aid :roll:
To find hearing aid on top of kitchen top, glasses still stuck on top of my head !
Keep dropping everything I get hold off .
None of these need any hard work to lose - it just happens ... duh

However to lose weight takes effort and focus eh
For me - its about keeping in routine and keep focused on what 'Does'
work ... with myself.
The hard bit - is about finding what "key things work" in my foodplanning,
buying in from the shops, food prep and cooking it all , etc.
Also to find variety and choice to vary the diet/eating routine successfully
is a challange now .
It did used to worry me and drive me bonkers , now I carefully step up to the challange
tweak and adapt things with commonsense behind the changes.
As I now know so well - what simply WONT work for me...

All this has taken me 3 years to feel my way through to it all .
Learning from many a daft mistake made and self taught skills to turn all things around.
To an inspired from here DCUK , routine and support , help/info provided from it's wonderful members .

Anna.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Congratulations on the weight loss Grace.

You certainly dont need to add any fat to your diet if you are trying to lose weight anyway with all the extra calories in fat you will just be replacing the calories lost by low carbing with calories from fat, remember there are twice as many calories in fat as there are in carbs, start to add fat to your diet when you are reaching your chosen target weight if you need to, although as I found, less weight means less calories needed so I have never needed to increase the amount of fat I eat. You will lose weight only by cutting calories which you will do by low carbing :thumbup:

Keep up the good work :clap:

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
:lol: :lol: :lol:

We must be twins separated at birth, we even have the same interests in Yorkies and astrology!

As for losing the car, well I feel so much better after reading what you've got to say for yourself. I swear to God my car changes colour on a regular basis. Some days it's a vibrant deep blue and other days its a murky nondescript grey apology of a colour and those are the days when I can't find it in the supermarket car park. It just sits there, blending in with the murky sky. I like the bumble bee idea but I don't seem to have an aerial to attach it to. Maybe I'll just paint the whole car with orange and black stripes? Hmmm ... Is there a law against that? :think:

And the dropping things. I never used to be clumsy or bump into things, except for when I bumped into my ex husband and inadvertently married him! :roll:

But honestly, whoever said youth is wasted on the young and getting old isn't for the faint hearted must have known what it is to get old-er and lose their car in a busy supermarket car park and stand there like a dope in the car park hoping the car will somehow trundle over to them.

But yes, I've now realised that I have to say out loud where's my bloody car! and that's all there is to it. It appears. :D

Still working on manifesting the winning numbers though :roll:

tazzle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

on the weight loss ...... those plateaues are just so infuriating !

Long may the trend continue :D

I hope mine does anyway ..... after a long time stuck I have changed to lowering the carbs in my diet and have lost 4 lbs in one week :wink: even though I have been sometimes doing my "normal" version of a few meals to see what it does to my blood sugar... from tomorrow will be proper carb counting with reduced levels..... see how low I need to go with it for bG to be OK

I think I need one of those arial thingys too :D :D :D

The power of intent is very powerful indeed :thumbup:

Virgo123

Well done Grace. Congrats! It always is easier to lose everything else, except weight.

I too have lost weight, but its been gradual. I needed initially to lose between 5-7kg. (14lbs?) I think Ive reached my ideal weight but 1-2 kg more cant hurt.

The power of intent is very powerful when I look for parking. It works EVERY time.

:)

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Virgo123 said:
Well done Grace. Congrats! It always is easier to lose everything else, except weight.

I too have lost weight, but its been gradual. I needed initially to lose between 5-7kg. (14lbs?) I think Ive reached my ideal weight but 1-2 kg more cant hurt.

The power of intent is very powerful when I look for parking. It works EVERY time.

:)

You're not wrong there Virgo ... I've lost my car, my husband, my keys, my mind ... but losing weight ... is much more difficult for some reason. :roll:

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Still losing ... almost lost a stone now :D

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
:D :clap: :D

Well done Grace , keep going strong with things.
You have done sooo well .

We are here supporting you and you support us also :wave:

Anna.

A

Anonymous

Congrats Grace :D

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well done :thumbup:

andy

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Grace - how regularly were you weighing before? Would you weigh every day, and not see any difference in weight?

I'm genuinely interested - because my weight changes drastically overnight! I can gain/lose 4 or 5 lbs between going to sleep and waking up......