Lots of conditions all related to diabetes.

JUNE56

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In November last year (2014), I was diagnosed with quite a few conditions linked to diabetes although I didn't know it at the time. I have a form of Angina that doesn't show up on ecg's, Sleep Apnea, high blood pressure and heart disease. It wasn't until I found this site that I understood how there is a link. So Thank You.:)

Reactions: 5 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Welcome. I have sleep apnea and high blood pressure, along with diabetes. How is your sleep apnea therapy going? Are you on CPAP, and if so, how long have you been on it? It took me almost a year to get mine sorted out, but I've been doing well since then.

Reactions: 4 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Metabolic syndrome includes quite a few conditions. I have a few of them as well. Eating correctly does wonders in improving some of them. Welcome to the forum June 56.

JUNE56

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Metabolic syndrome includes quite a few conditions. I have a few of them as well. Eating correctly does wonders in improving some of them. Welcome to the forum June 56.
Thank you.

JUNE56

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome. I have sleep apnea and high blood pressure, along with diabetes. How is your sleep apnea therapy going? Are you on CPAP, and if so, how long have you been on it? It took me almost a year to get mine sorted out, but I've been doing well since then.
Hi CatLadyNZ. I am on cpap, using nasal pillows. It's Ok but I find sleeping on my side, my preferred position, difficult. I generally sleep really well on it though and its good to know I'm not keeping the whole street awake. ;)

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Hi CatLadyNZ. I am on cpap, using nasal pillows. It's Ok but I find sleeping on my side, my preferred position, difficult. I generally sleep really well on it though and its good to know I'm not keeping the whole street awake. ;)
That's good to hear. Yeah, I have been told that the sound of the CPAP machine is so much quieter than snoring, lol. As sleep apnea is usually worse when we lie on our backs, there is a theory that many of us learned to like sleeping on our side or front, because we could breathe better. I have been known to fall asleep on a train, and because I am sitting up, I don't snore or have apnea events, which is good, because snoring on a train would be embarrassing, lol.

Do you find sleeping on your side difficult because the nasal pillows can get bumped out of place, or the hose gets bumped, or some other reason? I have heard of people putting a hook above the head of the bed and running the hose through it, so they can't roll over onto it. Never tried that myself... if the hose gets caught up I somehow manage to re-position it without fully waking up.

O'Brien_M

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Taking medication i
In November last year (2014), I was diagnosed with quite a few conditions linked to diabetes although I didn't know it at the time. I have a form of Angina that doesn't show up on ecg's, Sleep Apnea, high blood pressure and heart disease. It wasn't until I found this site that I understood how there is a link. So Thank You.:)
Hello, I also have high blood pressure,high cholesterol and type 2diabetes. I also had several bouts of cellulitis,just recently been told I have Lymphodema in my left leg. Just wondering if anyone else has these conditions.

O'Brien_M

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Taking medication i
My husband also has metabolic sydrome. I have reoccurring cellulitis and lymphodema in my left leg. Just have to keep watching what we eat.

Reactions: 2 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hello, I also have high blood pressure,high cholesterol and type 2diabetes. I also had several bouts of cellulitis,just recently been told I have Lymphodema in my left leg. Just wondering if anyone else has these conditions.
Yes, I have those, although the BP and cholesterol are under control now. I've had cellulitis in my leg a couple of times, it's a hard thing to get rid of, isn't it? I found the only way to get rid of it was months of antibiotics, sitting with my leg elevated as much as possible, and keeping stress levels down. As soon as stress levels went up, the infection would start to come back. Poor circulation seems to make it worse. I imagine there is a link between Lymphoedema and cellulitis but I could be wrong.