Lots of wees.

theblokefromstoke

Dislikes
Pizza (makes my BG go through the roof), Pasta & potatoes.
Hello. My BG is well under control & my last hba1c 3 months ago was 5.4 but this past week or two, I've been going for a wee loads & loads. Almost as bad as diagnosis time. Up in the night 6 or 7 times. I do self test. My fasting this morning was 5.0. Bizzare! It's got so I daren't have a brew in the morning before I leave for work in case I can't last the journey. I restrict my carbs to no more than 100 grams per day, take 2 x metformin & run 30miles per week. I'm not overweight. Any one have ideas what's causing this. Thanks

lexie09

I dont know if this is the cause but I also low carb and as a result have good glucose levels, what I have found is that if I am producing a lot of ketones from the low carbing I need to wee a lot more than normally.

sooliz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What age are you? Have you had your prostate checked? I ask because my husband (who is not diabetic) has to get up for a wee a lot also, and his prostate is slightly enlarged. It could also be due to a kidney infection, perhaps.

theblokefromstoke

Dislikes
Pizza (makes my BG go through the roof), Pasta & potatoes.
Thanks for the replies. I'm guessing it might be ketones too, especially as I probably let low carbing slip over Xmas & might have gone very low carb this week shifting the christmas belly. I'm 42 & it's not been a problem at all since diagnosis 2 years ago. I will see how it goes for a few days and go see the doctor of it doesn't change.
Thanks again.

Spiritflier

Do you drink a lot of coffee? Caffeine is a diuretic (which makes us wee more)... I know that if I have a bad day and drink more than two or three mugs in a day, I can end up trotting to the bathroom a couple of times in the night!

I guess the amounts ingested would vary from person to person and maybe my opinion is subjective but since I switched to decaf, I haven't needed to get up as often!

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had the same a few years ago before diabetes. No pain just loads peeing. Was treated for a urine infection until it was discovered that it was actually a kidney stone which was constantly pressing on my bladder causing the need to constantly pee. I didn't have any of usual pain associated with kidney stones. Nurses in the hospital kept asking if I needed morphine and were surpised that I wasn't in any pain.

Just a thought that it might not be connected with DB seen as you have BG levels under good control.