Low BG levels?

Big piggy

Could anyone explain why I'm having more BG lows overnight than ever before? Yes, I have started a diet and yes my carbs, for all intents and purposes, are very low, yes my meds (metformin SR x 500mg x 2 and gliclazide x 80mg x 1 with evening meal) have been adjusted to accommodate this, yet I'm still getting lows on a regular basis! The range is often 3.2 to 4.8 in the early hours and normally as a long time T2 (20 years) I would be thinking 'okay, on occasion, that's cool' I am getting a little concerned. Should I consider dropping the gliclazide all together? I do take 2 in the am (breakfast) with the lovely pioglitazone (1x 30mg) so should I consider reducing those as well? Hope this is not too confusing, despite being a time served T2 sufferer, I have NEVER had so many lows, any advice would be appreciated, thank you, Big piggy.

ClaireG 06

Hi and welcome to the forum :D

The only thing i can suggest is that you speak to your Dr or diabetic nurse about this. As you say it maybe that your medication needs altering but it would be unwise to alter it without medical say so.

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
At first try moving your gliclazide x 80mg to take with breakfast
I had to do this when i was working only taking one 80mg Glic that fixed the problem

your Gp may cut your gliclazide out altogether

Big piggy

Thank you all, just confirmed what my 'common-sense' head told me!
Appreciate your input, sound advise, diabetic nurse, here I come......!
Thank you.