low blood pressure or not????

leb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all
I am agtet a bit of afdvice as some if you mzy be aware i suffer witj tetinopatjy and recently underwent a vitrectomy op to try and halt further progression.
A few months ago i started geoing blund temporarily when i stand up. Only lasts boit 5 sec and seems to affect my operated eye more so. I mentioned this to the eye doc before i had op and was told its the pool of blood inside the eye but now ive had blood removed during op but im still getting the blindness. Think tjey assumed it eas eye related for obvious teasons but i am starting to think otherwise. I am on blood pressure tablets fir kidneys and simvastarin as prevzution evrn tho my cholesterol is fine. It seem strange to me thst this happens when i stand. My head also feels a bit dizzy which agsin im thinking is more lIkely to be linked to blood pressure nit eyes.
Just wanted to find out if anyone has experuenced such things.
Sorry for waffeling
Regards leb

MaryJ

Hi leb

Hope the op went well.

I was getting exactly the same recently, spoke with doc and we dropped 1 of my BP tablets to see what happend. It improved but didn't go away, so I dropped my other BP tablet and its stopped.

I have been monitoring my bp closely throughout all this and it has remained around 114/75 ish so I'm happy with it. Think my weight loss has brought my bp back into line.

Mary x

leb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks for replying mary. I wil deffinitely phone docs tomorrow to get appt. im sure its blood pressure ad i wad a bit naughty before i found out i had retinopathy and didnt take my blood pressure tabs tegularly. Since i have stsrted taking them witjout fail whivh obviously could have dropped it more.

Glad you got yours sorted
Regards
Leb x