Low Blood Pressure

Bazzza

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was told in hospital I have low blood pressure. The systolic readings were down in the 80's and as low as 77 at one point. I manged to get it up to around 95 to 100 before I was sent home. Today I bought a wrist blood pressure monitor from Argos and my readings we 109/65 and a heart rate of 106bpm. Normal or optimal ranges are 120/80 I was just wondering what if any problems I need to be aware of with my diabetes and this low pressure.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
109/65 is within the normal range. My 12 hour average is 116/69 so clearly I go down to your level. Our levels are normally lowest after meals and highest after rushing about, so just be aware of the times you check.

Reactions: 2 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
I have also low blood pressure.80 over 40 at one time,just have to be careful of dizziness.I have always had low blood pressure,Have been told by medics not to worry about it,drink plenty of water and take deep breaths.

Reactions: 4 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Tale in to account if you are sat down or lying down even more so, you get lower readings.

Also I used to have lower readings, still normal now, but lower readings I was told was nothing to worry about.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Blood pressure changes all the time,if you get worried it goes up called white coat syndrome,My doctors have an arm moniter to test your own in the waiting room,one arm tests different from the other.Pulse changes depending on what you are doing,resting pulse should be about 60 ,but if you are active it will be higher.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Certainly your home bp readings at 109/65 looks fine, but your heart rate at 106 is tachycardia if I'm not mistaken, if it stays around this level I would have a chat with your gp.

Last edited by a moderator: