1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Low Blood Sugar?

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by pkumar, Jan 15, 2022.

1. pkumar

pkumar · Well-Known Member

Hi

Yesterday night I got body chills twice in the night. I didn’t miss medicine. Currently on Metformin 1000mg per day. Recent HBA1C at 6%. Recent FBS between 6 to 6.5. Could it be due to Low BS. How can I prevent it. Does eating few almonds before sleep help? What should I do if BS goes down? Eat anything specific.

Thanks in advance for pointers
    Kumar

2. Rokaab

Rokaab Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Without actually doing a blood test at the time you cannot know if low blood sugar caused it I'm afraid, I'm sure lots of other things can cause chill as wells

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

If you are only taking metformin you are very unlikely to suffer from low blood sugar.

If your levels are 6-6.5 mmol/l you are certainly not seeing "low" levels which would be in the 3's.

Maybe you are coming down with something?

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. KennyA

KennyA Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Not everything is caused by your blood glucose. I'd go with the bug idea. If you really want to be sure about your levels, try the free Libre trial and (if it works, I had two fail) you'll see what your BGs do overnight.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook