Low Carb Diets and Heart disease

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This was published in March 2013, and since then there has been many more studies and reports that back the LCHF approach. It is good to see an HCP supporting this approach. We have one such forum member who has this month been awarded an NHS Innovator of the Year (2016) Award (mentioned in its own forum thread), and who has also published formal papers on this topic. Well done to all HCP's who have the courage to enter into discussions and provide practical support and advice that is often at odds with the published NHS guidelines. May we all gain in confidence with this approach and join in with the movement to educate the educators.

Thank you for sharing this.

Reactions: 3 people

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have heart failure and since LCHF way of eating my health has improved immensely .. including my heart problems ... lets face up to the facts that 20 years ago they got the eat healthy message wrong .. very wrong .. and things are slowly changing.

Reactions: 2 people

plantagenet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
IMHO the CMO should take the lion's share of the blame for the massive rise in T2 over the last twenty years. And Diabetes UK hasn't helped either and still seems to be lagging behind in recognising that the problem lies with High Carb diets. I was lucky in having full support from my GP to go Low carb, but warned me there might be a rise in Blood Pressure from higher cholesterol. I'm now getting on top of the T" with FBGs of 4.7 - 5.4.