Low carb foods and sugar free

kay957

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have found a store online that does mostly everything you can desire but low carbs and sugar free foods. I like the fact that you can get chocolate brownies for 30p which is a steal :D

http://www.lowcarbmegastore.com/

(please note I am not advertising just merely passing on a link to share with others)

bufferz

Oh my God that could be fatal....and the pizza crust one sounds great, never mind the pasta! :twisted: Also, is the granola cereal that good? (5g/serving)

kay957

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I haven't tried them yet, only the Granola which is superb by the way and low GI so is great for sugar control and carb control.

claridge

Dislikes
Rude arrogant people
My only worry with these things is it would make resisting fruit sweets etc more difficult.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I have bought stuff from them. their service is first rate. I find the da Vinci syrups horrid, but I have the Dreamfields pasta.
Hana

ditzeeblonde

I have got the sweets from Avidlite (another place for good low carb shopping) & they have been great especially as I have a hacking cough right now!

I do limit myself to 1-2 per day so that I don't over do it!

cocacola

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
celery, not eating chocolate
How do they make chocolate, taste like chocolate with no sugar?

brill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Country & Western!
How do they make chocolate, taste like chocolate with no sugar?
They use maltitol - at least the Cavalier chocolate does, which is my favourite - so you have to watch the intake, otherwise you end up spending the evening on the loo... :oops:
I also use the locarbmegastore and agree their service is really quick, although they don't confirm orders by e-mail, which worried me at first. Don't bother with the low-carb crispbreads - they taste like polystirene ceiling tiles.... :lol:

Verve09

This website looks good but I'm a little confused by the nutritional information.

For the chocolate brownies, it states that one contains 9.1g carbs, but that the net carbs per brownie is 3.9. Where did they get the net carb figure from?

Thanks!

spinningwoman

It depends on how things like maltitol are labelled and also fibre in American products. Because these don't affect blood sugar although technically carbohydrates they are subtracted from the total carbs to give net carbs. However British labels don't include fibre as carbs so don't subtract it from the total if it isn't included in the first place.