Low Carb Low Fat Snacks

ccoles1

Hi all
Can any one out there help please.
Due to having a very frare form of pancreatitus that has killed my pancreaus off. I am type 1 and require creon supplement as my pancreaus does not produce an enysmn that breaks down fat as it pass through the intestines.
Becouse of this can any one give me some ideas for low carb low fat snacks, so that I can reduce the amout of creon I have to take.
many thanks
Chris

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
Hi,

There are quite a lot of Atkins bars and snacks that may fit the bill, I do eat these sometimes but they are very synthetic.

If you like celery that's always a winner as far as fat and carbs go. The other way is to think about protein and see what you can find that is predominantly protein based; grilled chicken or other white meat.

Also, we're not allowed to link to commercial sites but search for low-carb stores online and they may well have stuff that would work.

All the best

Dillinger

timo2

Dislikes
Glycemic excursions
Hi Chris,

Cottage cheese is relatively low in fat and carb. Most supermarkets also make low-fat and no fat varieties; although, the sugar content can tend to rise as the fat content drops.

Regards,
timo.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Hard boiled eggs?
Hana

trinitron

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum.

I have alway suffered from weight problems I am 5ft 11 and have hovered around the 19stone mark.
My doctor informed me that I was at the high risk end of developing Diabetes, so I decided to try a low carb diet.

For me the hardest part of gong on a low carb diet was having variety and also satisfying the chocolate or sweet cravings! But what has really worked for me and I've stuck at it for over two years was to eat a low carb shake for breakfast and a low carb bar if I got cravings for something sweet.

Now I've tried all the products and the atkins foods are really expensive. Tesco used to do a low carb shake but recently stopped doing it. But I have found a range of products by EAS which are really good value, high in protein and actually taste nice.

There is a store I use who have never let me down, they only have a limited range but their prices are good, its Ruocco Supplements their web address is www.ruoccosupplements.co.uk

sue32

Dislikes
false people
I'm following the Glycaemic Load diet - low starchy carb diet. If I want a 'nibble' I have some fruit, or some no added sugar peanut butter. I have found a certain supermarket's multi grain crackers don't raise my BM too much. Oh, and I started Byetta just before last Christmas and I've lost 2 stone up to now. I too love jelly, and being able to have the sugar free jelly just makes my world a better place. BUT, I still have chocolate. Dark and milk. I've experimented to see what and how much affects my BM's. I think it's all trial and error. You have to eat what suits you, as long as you maintain a reasonable weight - which mine isn't right now - and keep good blood sugar levels you should be OK. :D