Low-Carb Skipton - 27 January - Ivor Cummins talk

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all.

We relaunched Low-Carb Skipton's open meetings this month. Welcoming old members and new.

Next meeting will be on 6th December at 7 pm in the Rendezvous Hotel. We're hoping to have a guest speaker and a trading stall - to be confirmed.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Skipton is such a lovely place :)

Reactions: KennyA

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We've been meeting again regularly now for a while, and numbers are slowly picking up after lockdowns.

We're open to anyone wanting to learn about low-carb, whether for weight loss and/or diabetes reasons. Meetings are usually first Monday of the month at 7pm in the Rendezvous Hotel, in Skipton. This can change usually because of bank holidays, so it's worth checking on the Low-carb Skipton facebook page.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: bulkbiker

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ivor Cummins in Skipton

If anyone is in the Skipton area and would like to hear directly from Ivor Cummins, Low Carb Skipton has booked him to talk at the Rendezvous Hotel, Skipton, on the morning of Saturday 27th January.

Admission is £15 and you can book through the Low-carb Skipton website which is here:

There are a couple of other add-ons - a low-carb "Dinner with Ivor" at the Elsworth Mill, Skipton on Friday, and a lunch following the Saturday talk. Prices and current availability on the website.

Ivor's YouTube channel covers low-carb and other topics and you can find it here:

Last edited:
Reactions: lovinglife

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
ivor LCS.jpg

Reactions: lovinglife

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Really good meeting tonight at Low Carb Skipton with a LOT of new faces. Also getting coverage in (gasp) the Craven Herald.

Edited to say that Ivor C isn't a dietitian and doesn't claim to be, and that's not how I think you should spell "dietitian".

Last edited:
Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Meetings are usually first Monday of the month at 7pm in the Rendezvous Hotel, in Skipton.
Sounds pretty cool!
Is it still usually on the first monday of the month? I might happen to be in the area on the first monday in october. And there's even a campsite right on the outside of Skipton that only costs £10 a night for a small tent.

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds pretty cool!
Is it still usually on the first monday of the month? I might happen to be in the area on the first monday in october. And there's even a campsite right on the outside of Skipton that only costs £10 a night for a small tent.
I'm sure we can accommodate a bona fide Dutch exchange visitor, although we may ask you to do a presentation of some kind. We're nasty like that.

• Funny

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm sure we can accommodate a bona fide Dutch exchange visitor, although we may ask you to do a presentation of some kind. We're nasty like that.
You mean I'll be invited to bore them all to death with low carb T1 management, screenshots of my graphs, and pictures of cold water swimming? Can I include pictures of my dogs and guinea pigs as well? I'm sure I can find a way to make them relevant to low carb and diabetes to appear on topic if I try.

Sounds great! :hilarious:

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We don't have many T1s in the group and a talk about that in itself might be quite interesting. I'll talk to the Committee....

• Informative

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
We don't have many T1s in the group and a talk about that in itself might be quite interesting. I'll talk to the Committee....
Which means my experiences aren't very relevant to the group I think...

Except for the guinea pigs of course, they are a godsend for every low carber wanting the occasional bite of fruit but doesn't want to throw away the fruit minus one bite.
And they allow me to have a much larger variety of veggies in the larder at any given time, without having to throw out much because they've gone off in a one person household.

• Useful
Reactions: KennyA