1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Low Carb Snacks

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by mortiferum, Aug 18, 2014.

1. mortiferum

mortiferum Type 2 · Active Member

1 week into my 2 week holidays back home in the UK. Having fun browsing the supermarkets / shops for various low carb snacks. Just thought I'd share a photo of the 'snacks' sitting in my kitchen cupboard.

Thought it would be fun to see photos of your low carb snacks in your cupboards

photo(4).JPG

2. lizdeluz

lizdeluz Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Wow, I didn't know Lindt did 99%! I often get 90% or 85%. How do you get on with the 99?

What's that in the bottom left corner from the Dominican Republic?

3. mortiferum

mortiferum Type 2 · Active Member

Haven't tried the 99% yet - saw it today in Waitrose - thought I'd give it a try - back of packaging indicates 8g of carb per 100g.

'Dominican Republic' is the name of a 100% chocolate from Hotel Chocolat - expensive posh treat chocolate 35g for ~ £3.50 ish.

4. modesty007

modesty007 Other · Well-Known Member

I woudl skip the Mr Pork - to much additives but take a look in Waitrose and go for "awfully posh" cracklings, just pork and salt.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Nice collection.

I don't have a tidy cupboard of snacks :bag: just a poly bag of nuts and 85% chocolate. Other snacks are cheese, berries and vegi jelly in the fridge and low carb muffins, nut balls and more berries in the freezer.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sancho panza

Sancho panza Type 2 · Well-Known Member

There's a bar of 85% dark chocolate but my favourite thing at the moment is a bag of wasabi peanuts mixed with a bag of chilli peanuts and a bag of cashews very moreish .
    I thought about mixing some pistachios in but being a tight fisted Yorkshireman I object to paying for the shells.

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook