low carb supplies

suejat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi,
can anyone tell me where I can get flaxseed flour, and xanthan gum, sent to Spain for a reasonable price please?
Many thanks
Suejat

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Don't know if they do it,
but it's worth trying "Low Carb Megastore" otherwise I suspect Amazon might.
Hana

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you tried ebay or Amazon? Holland and Barrett do European delivery but don't have xanthan gum.

suejat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks for the replies. I tried ebay and Amazon, but the postage is horrendous !!! I'm a member of Higher Nature, who do milled flaxseed, but they say it's not suitable for cooking. Don't know why-----
I'll try Low Carb Megastore.
Suejat

suejat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello again,
I've just been on the Low Carb Megastore website, and they charge a flat rate delivery, under 30 kilos, of £25.19!!!

Suejat

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Royal Mail are the bugbear in this, to send 250g to Europe they charge £3.39 for Airmail.
http://www.royalmail.com/sites/default/ ... es2012.pdf
Surface mail is cheaper.

Even if you got someone to get your items in the UK, the postage would still be expensive. There are a few members on here who live in Spain, if you change the title of your thread, then maybe it will be picked up by them and they may know where you can get these items in Spain.

suejat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Re: low carb supplies to Spain

Thank you for that. Actually £3.39 isn't bad, but I haven't found anything under £10.00 postage---- and that was for a 200g pack. It certainly isn't £25.19. (admittedly this is for carrier, but surely small amounts don't require a carrier). For anyone reading this in Spain, I am in the North, about 40 minutes from the French border
Suejat

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I foun Xanthan gum in Sainsbury's of all places. In their "Free From range.
Hana

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After Hana's response, try googling gluten free online shops - on my first attempt found http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk and they sell the items you wanted, postage is still quite a bit, but not as much as the low carb megastore

suejat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Denise,
I've just looked at goodness direct. I have never seen such a comprehensive list of alternate flours! Their prices are very good, so I'll contact them tomorrow, and see what they would charge to send the things I want out here.
I really appreciate the help you've both offered.
Susan.

WhitbyJet

suejat - I have bought flaxseed and guar gum whilst on holiday in Spain, trouble is I dont know where from, it was a very kind local lady who bought them for me on mail order.
Have you checked on google.es - see if you can find a Spanish stockist.
Re cooking with flaxseed, hmmm it depends on what you are planning to do with it, its good for baking, though some people say its an acquired taste.
Guar gum is good for thickening sauces, soups, gravies, stews and also for baking.

Happy New Year to you and yours x

janewatt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have only just seen this thread and it's late so no time to find all details.
Holland and Barrett online have good general range of stuff and charge only £6 something to send any order to France, so guess it's the same to Spain. That means whatever the value or weight the postage is the same. this can be excellent value, especially if you get friends to contribute to the order.

Hope you find a good supply!
Jane.