low carb ...vegetarian diet

potty pet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hi,
I suffer from silent reflux and am considering going vegetarian to see if it helps...as nothing else seems to be working!
Has any one got any ideas for low carb replacements of meat and fish?

ExD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I suffer from this 'silent' reflux too (it seems to be the latest popular diagnosis at the moment) but find that vegetables actually make it worse! Of course we're all different, and if it works for you - why not give it a try?
For myself, as I really don't like the taste of many vegetables (especially greens) I decided to make soups which, I thought, would fill me up and help with weight loss. Sadly I developed excruciating tummy cramps and raging diarrhea which at first I put down to a tummy bug, but as they stopped when I stopped the soup, and came back when I started it again, I could only presume that was the reason why. My husband just loves these soups though, and likes a bowl every day for lunch - he's losing weight well!
Give it a 'go' - but do keep up up to date with progress.
As to the carb content, if you read the sticky posts at the top of this page, you'll find lists of all the foods you should and should'nt eat. Finding enough protein will be difficult I imagine, so you'll need to allow yourself more pulses than the rest of us, and I assume you'll already be primed up about below ground vegs, potatoes etc. I assume you'll be eating cheese, eggs and cream etc?
Edit .......
However, since posting this I have been 'google-ing' which is always a mistake - and have found this site http://www.doctoroz.com/article/silent-reflux-epidemic which has scared me half to death. Read it at your peril and then make a doctor's appointment pdq (as I intend to on Monday).

Last edited by a moderator: