Low carb weight loss stalling?

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Interesting read, think I've read something similar, because in a vain hope to kick start weightloss again I googled every **** thing. I've well and truly stalled, put on weight in fact, think I'm a conundran. However I have no choice but to continue eating this way.

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I wondered if there was a possibility of that, but as a veggie there was little I could do about it, after 5 yrs I have now added fish (bummer, but I'm top of the food chain). Food has never really interested me, I ate to live. Was a skinny all my life until the menopause and hysterectomy another bummer and heyho I became diabetic.

Defren

I could be in starvation mode, although if you Google starvation mode, there is conflicting reading. I am not stalling, my weight is still going down. With TOTM it was 3lb this week, which is quite low on the ND but I'm happy with it.

I just popped up the link as I have read a few posters say they have stalled, and when I read the article, just wondered/hoped it might help.

sterling

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My experience is that weight loss is (and needs to be) a very slow and sustained process.

It has taken me three years to go down from 104 kg to 81.5 kg.

Solution: Unrelenting Atkins diet with as much exercise as possible plus drinking a lot of water. The exercise can increase weight but seems to be part of the general forumla.

The stalling is just part of the process. It takes time.