Low sugar level

Sweet3x

I have a curious situation. Well, it is to me, anyway :)

I am taking my Lantus about 4 hours later than I should. I did a blood test just to see if or how much Humalog I needed, and my result was 3.3

Yesterday, woke up at 8am as normal, and took my Lantus. Went back to sleep because I was really tired only having had about 4 hours sleep. Then woke at about 11, pottered around, showered, did stuff on the pc etc. At about 1pm, I'd did a blood test which was 15 so I took 3 units of Humalog and we went to MacD's - I had some fries but since my sugar was a bit high, I didn't eat too much. Just about a regular portion (UK/EU regular size, btw, which may be different from US regular size for all our US friends). At around 4pm, we'd gone to a bar, and I had a regular portion of french fries (again, this is Paris so it wasn't huge ;)) and a really sugary cocktail. This was after walking a fair amount, since about 1pm. No more insulin, though.
Last night, I had a huge Caesar Salad (lettuce, chicken, dressing, croutons, bread on the side) sometime between 10pm and midnight but I think around 10:30. Between 9 and midnight I also drank about a pint of Strongbow (cider).

So, having only taken 3 units of Humalog, at around 1pm yesterday and my regular Lantus, how can my sugar level now only be 3.3? Since my Lantus today is so late.

Nellie

Mc d's frite petite 31 carbs
or moyenne 44 carbs
frites 150gm (large plate non mc d) 60gms glucides
A few carbs in the chicken caesar .
Bread say 20gm
cocktail alcoolise max 20gms + alcohol effect also effect of strongbow)
Not a huge amount for the day when you have been walking around in the heat. It was 30+ here today. It depends what your normal carb/insulin ratio is.
NB try to get hold of the medtronic 'glucides dans l'alimentation' for eating out its extremely useful with pictures of normal French size portions.( I tink I gather you also live in France, I got it free from the hospital)