low sugar level

nannyani1

hiya can somebody please help me. Iam a newbie and diagnosed t1 about 7 weeks ago, my levels have been very high (in the 20s and above) and now im finaly getting them down to a more normal amount. Anyway i did have a hypo a couple of weeks ago while out shopping so i know what they feel like. Anyway so today i went for a nap because i was shattered after a bad nite, and i woke up suddenlly and with the shakes, it felt like the start of a hypo so i went to check my levels. I had a reading of 4.1 and just couldnt stop shaking. So is it pissible to have a hypo with that kind of reading or was i just heading that way? Im sorry if this sounds like a stupid question. Ani

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yeah that's the start of a hypo, just remember 4 is the floor. Also monitors are up to 20% away from real which could make you 3.2 theoretically

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

nannyani1

Thank you so much, i thought i was going even more around the twist than normal lol. Funny how it woke me up, if it does that if i have them while asleep in the future it would be good. At least it would take the fear of hypos when sleeping away, nah im not that lucky lol. Thanx again x

DonnaC-T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hypos always wake me up, trouble is, it takes me 10 minutes to figure out why I'm awake! Lol

nannyani1

As an ex smoker i used to go down for a smoke when i woke up in the nite. So if i wake up with it i wake up quickly, plus used to getting up for the loo before i was diagnosed lol.x

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, 4.1 would have been the reason. Meters can have errors and also the effect of low blood sugar can vary from day to day. I've been down to 3.6 on a few occasions with no problem but had the start of the shakes on a higher reading.