Lower Leg Pains

si-hard

Hi, just wondering if anybody could offer some advice or info. Im Type 1 and diagnosed 5 months ago - have reasonably good control but could be better. Only managed to stop smoking 2 weeks ago! only had one hba1c and it was 7.1.

Anyhoo, for the last few weeks I have had a dull pain in the lower part of my left leg just above the ankles. It is not painful but you can feel it all the time. It feels lke my leg is heavy. It is only better for a short while after I wake up. Does anyone have any ideas? Also does anyone inject for snacks at all? I asked the question before but ham and cheese on crackerbread isnt filling me up at night!

Thanks

yipster29

Afraid I don't know re the leg pain but regarding the snacks...
I was diagnosed 2 months ago and given the fact the only medical advice I got was whilst my BG was over 30 got myself a little confused!
As a result I was injecting with a snack (as I thought you had to inject every 4 hours and if I wasn't due a meal I was snacking)... don't do it.... Hypo time!!! :roll:
Have since been advised insulin meals only!

Hope this helps a bit. All such fun getting it right don't ya think! :lol:

Stod

Si-hard,

welcome to the world of T1! Re the leg pain, I would go to GP in relation to anything I was worried about as T1 can cause all kinds of problems including, and especially, circulatory ones!!

Other than that, take time to get used to the new you. I've had this for 30 years and am proof it's manageable and you can live and do mostly everything. Learn to 'know thyself' in relation to the ebb and flow of your sugars, and the way you feel (which will be affected by them). Your future is in your hands. I think the people who get really damaged by this condistion are the ones who don't pay attention to it. Best wishes to you and yours (from a Scotsman).

skotish

hi stod m8 i would go and see your gp and say that you could have some nuropathic pain or slight nerve damage hope everything works out for you and don,t be afraid too post on this fine forum :D

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
si
I would go see the Gp about the leg. Neuropathy is usually symmetrical, so that isn't one of the most likely things, however you say you just gave up smoking. Smoking affects your circulation, particularly in the legs, where blood has to flow uphill against gravity.