lucky or unlucky

rogbert

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
winter
hi ive been a diabetic type2 insulin controlled for 15 years i dont smoke adhere to a strict diet blood sugars are tightly controlled keep my blood pressure within the prescrived levels excercise regulary BUT
i had a severe heart attack last week WHY?

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't know why you had a heart attack but I note that you observed a strict diet.

A problem I have encountered is that one person's healthy diet is another person's poison. My HCP', for example, say I have to eat carbohydrates with every meal without saying how many. These put my blood sugars up and so I assume that eating carbohydrates will worsen my diabetes.

One nurse throws up her hands if I mention fat or fried food but fat lowers the GI of many foods and so keeps the numbers under the line.

The requirements of diabetes and cholesterol seem diametrically opposed but much of the advice from the NHS is aimed at lowering cholesterol with no mention of diabetes.

A well known supermarket has a line called Healthy Eating and heaven only knows what that is. There are all sorts of recommended diets out there with the intention of losing weight. I wonder if anyone knows what they do to diabetes and cholesterol.

Many processed (healthy) foods have the fat taken out of them and sugar put in. They have to put sugar in since there is no taste when you take the fat out.

An ex doctor named Dwight Lundell says that he spent 25 years doing heart surgery on people who ate margerine like products. He says we should all eat natural fats like good honest butter etc.

There's no doubt about it .....we are all going to die.