Lyxumia

Richildis1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi

Just been started on Lyxumia and not very happy - I'm finding it is causing me cystitis (One of the side effects listed in the information leaflet)
This is a disaster for me as for years I have battled with interstitial cystitis from time to time and I don't want to return to this state permanently.
Can any medical person explain why this happens and has anyone else had this particular side effect and how are you managing it please?

C

catherinecherub

Hi @Richildis1 and welcome to the forum.
Nobody here is qualified to answer your question. I have moved your post to the appropriate board and hope that other people using this medication will share their experiences.

It is one of the side effects and you need to see your Dr. about this.

Very common lixisenatide side-effects (these affect more than 1 in 10 people) What can I do if I experience this?
Headache Ask your pharmacist to recommend a suitable painkiller
Feeling or being sick Stick to simple foods - avoid rich or spicy meals
Diarrhoea Drink plenty of water to replace lost fluids
Common lixisenatide side-effects (these affect less than 1 in 10 people) What can I do if I experience this?
Feeling dizzy or tired Do not drive or use tools or machines until you feel better
***Nose and throat infections, urine infections, indigestion, back pain, injection site problems Let your doctor or diabetes clinic know if any of these become troublesome***

http://patient.info/medicine/lixisenatide-for-diabetes-lyxumia